Todays Privy Dig.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Got out Today to Dig a Privy. With Tom, First Time in a long Time as Tom kinda went AWOL/MIA Past few Years. Considering it was on a old Saloon Property we were expecting some Killer Flask, Blob Beers, ect., ect.,. Instead we got? Not much. 2 Broken Shot Glass's, a Broken Beer Mug & a bunch of other Broken Shards. We hit bottom & decided to fill in. BUT, before we do we do what we usually do & nock in the side walls for any hidden Gems which usually does reveal something. In this case it produced the only 3 intact Bottles worth Keeping but Barely. The Callahan Druggist is a good one but the Independent small hop leaf Beer is very common. A $1.00 bottle in my Opinion. There is a much tougher big Hop Leaf version worth $50+ in my opinion but no luck finding one of those. Then we got a slick Med we forgot to throw back in hole. LEON.
P1040559.JPG
P1040558.JPG
P1040562.JPG

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Suprising as you mentioned. A saloon with only one privey on the property? How deep did it go? I love the dig pictures as much, maybe more than the bottles. You use the plastic tent spikes to dig? That’s a smart one. I see the tarp (makes it so much easier to clean up afterwards.) I believe that is called consideration for the property owner. A rare quality nowadays. Very clean dig brother.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

hemihampton

Reaction score
no tent spikes used but that would be a good idea. on windy days when tarp wants to blow away we use our Probes in corner of tarp &/or a brick or big rock found nearby or in hole on corners to hold down. BUT, once you get alot of dirt on tarp you don't need anything. The hole was maybe 5 feet deep, doesnt look that deep in pics because once you get near bottom we usually stop throwing dirt out & then once you nock the sides into the hole the bottom 2 feet gets filled in so hole is/was deeper then it looks. I'm sure not only 1 Privy on Property, Gotta be more but the Bull dozer can make a mess on the property making it hard to probe in certain areas. with the tarp once we throw dirt back in hole & the grass cut squares back over top it you'll never know we were there. LEON.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I've dug a number of saloon privies over the years and literally without fail they really have not been great. Usually a number of broken mugs and dishes and some random household bottles but often not the type of stuff you'd expect to be in there.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum