Tons of marbles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nickneff

Reaction score
I know a lot are newer, but if anybody is interested I would sell any of them. Got the at an auction and I don’t keep ones I buy. If interested just say which marbles and how much
wow I'll tell you one thing nobody can say you lost your marbles LOL looks like you going to need a burlap sack for a marble bag

embe

Reaction score
wow I'll tell you one thing nobody can say you lost your marbles LOL looks like you going to need a burlap sack for a marble bag
Pillow case worked for me, back in the day.

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
This is my dads marble and he was wondering history on it. It has quite a few cracks and chips.
I am ashamed to admit that this kind of thing was something we kids would do once or twice in the early 1950s. We called them 'shattered marbles'. The procedure was to first turn on an electric stove burner red hot. Next, put a marble on it between a couple of the red hot coils and roll it around a bit until it gets hot enough. (How hot, I no longer recall.) Next, using a spoon or something, move the marble from the stove to a pan of water and drop (or lower) it in. If you're lucky enough or skilled enough with the heating, the marble won't fall apart after cooling. You can't play marbles with it anymore of course but it looks interesting.

I think it only looks passably good if only a transparent 'clearie' marble of a light color is used. They'd be rather prismatic in a sunny window, I suppose.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown