Towar's Wayne County Creamery's Long Reach as a Chain Dairy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I was searching for any evidence of bottlers in Lapeer County, Mi, before 1930 when I found that Towar's Wayne County Creamery had operations in Lum and Imlay City, many miles from their headquarters.
Surprisingly, I didn't see a reference to them in Lapeer, but I suppose Lapeer County Creamery probably already occupied that niche.
I didn't look beyond Lapeer county, but I'm sure that Towar's also had dairies in numerous other cities in Eastern Michigan.
Just thought I'd share this tidbit for you to explore, as all their bottles say the same thing no matter where they're found.
Thus, this bottle becomes the only bottle I can find from this county predating 1930. I can't even find a druggist or soda manufacturer, and I only saw one water works operation.
v48Xw1L3nWwv7zT2d7j5.A.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
These are common to dig in Detroit, I've dug a few. LEON.

They make a Lapeer Brewing co Beer Bottle in Crown top. Think I might have one?

Last edited:

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
These are common to dig in Detroit, I've dug a few. LEON.

They make a Lapeer Brewing co Beer Bottle in Crown top. Think I might have one?
Do you have info on Lapeer brewing co at all? I've been scouring the online directories and just haven't been turning up much for any of the cities or towns in this county. It's been rather surprising when you consider that my hometown was just as big back then and had 40 different bottlers by that time.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yes I do. Lapeer City Brewery lasted from 1901-1910. There was 2 older Breweries before that. A Buerger Brewery & a Jackson Brewery before that. LEON.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Do you have info on Lapeer brewing co at all? I've been scouring the online directories and just haven't been turning up much for any of the cities or towns in this county. It's been rather surprising when you consider that my hometown was just as big back then and had 40 different bottlers by that time.
lapeer.jpg
lapeer01.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp