Trash or Treasure? In plain sight!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EdsFinds

Reaction score
I found this right beside a popular riverbank up on the grass in plain view. I took it as trash at first and was about to throw it away. Upon further examination, I noticed it was glass. I'm guessing from the seems (running up the entire length of the bottle) and the styling, it might be from the 60s. Is it a ketchup bottle, or a small milk bottle? Rare or common? Value?

Attachments

• IMG_2764.jpg
    IMG_2764.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2769.jpg
    IMG_2769.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 152

hemihampton

Reaction score
To me I'd call it common Trash with no Value. No Insult intended. But, I'm sure some in here would call it a rare valuable find. It could have Sentimental Value to you since you found it & sometimes that's all that matters.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
True, it probably is common trash. Its certainly old trash. My interest lies in determining what it is and how old it is. This was found in a historic area (once an iron and paper mill factory, now its a park.

hemihampton

Reaction score
sounds familiar, are you in Michigan?

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Pickle or similar jar. Looks like an Owens ring around the neck, so probably machine made. Definitely 20th century.

Jim G

EdsFinds

Reaction score
A pickle jar? does not look like you'd get one small pickle in there. Hmmm, an Owens ring around the neck. What is that? But, yeah, I'm certain its machine-made. There is a distinct seam line running through the bottle. Question is, what decade was it made in. This bottle came from a South Jersey Iron factory in the pines.

martyfoley

Reaction score
My guess a horseradish bottle, probably 1910s. Not much if any value. Thanks for posting!:cool:

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I find that style bottle all the time, on my bottle excursion I did yesterday morning, I walked past at least twenty or so.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
when I said pickle I meant pickle or condiment.

The first abm bottles made with the Owens machine have a ring around the neck, usually just below the lip. Hence an Owens Ring and it's indicative of ABM.

Jim G

A pickle jar? does not look like you'd get one small pickle in there. Hmmm, an Owens ring around the neck. What is that? But, yeah, I'm certain its machine-made. There is a distinct seam line running through the bottle. Question is, what decade was it made in. This bottle came from a South Jersey Iron factory in the pines.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
o! Cool! If nothing else, I learned something today! Thanks! LOL! I guess you meant like relish, horseradish, or some such condiments! Now that makes sense! Judging from the stying, I'd say you were right and I would guess it was from the 60s. I cant see it being any older than that. It's in too good of shape and the styling just says the 60s to me. Thanks to all for your insights and help!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp