Tumbler

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jstorm

Reaction score
Good evening all. Could someone please tell me what kind of tumbler I should purchase for a complete Rookie for cleaning bottles. I have not a clue and have only found one video that was great but don't want to pay 700 and leave it turned on for 3 days! Just looking for the beginner model! Thanks

hemihampton

Reaction score
I never heard of a Beginner Model. The Cheapest one starts at about $700. Unless you build your own or Buy a Used one. This would be a question better asked in the Cleaning & Repairing Category. LEON.

Jstorm

Reaction score
I never heard of a Beginner Model. The Cheapest one starts at about $700. Unless you build your own or Buy a Used one. This would be a question better asked in the Cleaning & Repairing Category. LEON.
Yee ha. Might have to stick to the Dewalt and bottle brush. Lol . Thanks

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Good evening all. Could someone please tell me what kind of tumbler I should purchase for a complete Rookie for cleaning bottles. I have not a clue and have only found one video that was great but don't want to pay 700 and leave it turned on for 3 days! Just looking for the beginner model! Thanks
Hey Jstorm, Its been a while. Get your rookie one (double canister) down at a Harbor Freight for under $75. Not one in your area? They ship most of their stuff. We had a thread/forum about that earlier this year if memory serves. --CT Len

Jstorm

Reaction score
Hey Jstorm, Its been a while. Get your rookie one (double canister) down at a Harbor Freight for under $75. Not one in your area? They ship most of their stuff. We had a thread/forum about that earlier this year if memory serves. --CT Len
Thanks Len for that!

American

Reaction score
Unfortunately you will have to buy the cannisters and the ends that hold the bottles unless they come with the tumbler. The other investment is enough copper pellets which is no joke these days. I just assessed the weight and price of my copper and it's about $700 alone. The chemicals are fairly cheap and go a long way. I used to get all my supplies from The Jar Doctor, but I had my tumbler built by a friend for about $300, but that was 15 years ago.

Jstorm

Reaction score
Thanks Len.Yes that's the way I should probably go. If it doesn't work out I will send it to your house collect.! Lol

Jstorm

Reaction score
Unfortunately you will have to buy the cannisters and the ends that hold the bottles unless they come with the tumbler. The other investment is enough copper pellets which is no joke these days. I just assessed the weight and price of my copper and it's about $700 alone. The chemicals are fairly cheap and go a long way. I used to get all my supplies from The Jar Doctor, but I had my tumbler built by a friend for about $300, but that was 15 years ago.
Yea I've been researching and you are 100 percent on the money Probably should start with a cheaper version and try to learn with that one. I appreciate your advice for sure. Thank you

Jstorm

Reaction score
Ok Leon . Wasn't thinking. Will ask my questions on that tumbler over to cleaning and repairing category. Thanks

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Like I did! And when you have beatten you head against the wall, just enough, and you realize how much more time -you’ve wasted enough time and you look at things that still are only half cleaned! It starts to sink in that nobody is selling good second hand tumblers anywhere- so you could be waiting- and it’s time to spend that $700- (or in my case, $1700 in big boxes that came- cool Christmas present so I got lucky.) But I’m working on my second Rotary in my second vibratory rock tumblers with modifications you wouldn't believe. It is maxed out,the new double rotary one. I have beaten the end to stretch it to fit a bottle, and really didn’t care if I had to junk it. I got a single but double sized barrel but that still didnt do it- so I got out my trusty dremel, and cut a hole in the cap with the neck of the bottle sticking out of the barrel and the body of the tumbler. The wasn’t the issue on that bottle so that worked, besides being beautiful! But good luck. May you find a great one that somebody is selling for cheap!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky