Tumbling Before and After photos

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kaper6

Reaction score
Blob Top- P Canterbury from Galveston.
I love the outcome. I have cleaned bottles the old timey way with fine sand and water just shaken by hand. It is not close to your results, though. Exactly what grit and supplier do you use? Thanks, Kathy

webe992

Reaction score
I love the outcome. I have cleaned bottles the old timey way with fine sand and water just shaken by hand. It is not close to your results, though. Exactly what grit and supplier do you use? Thanks, Kathy
I get all my supplies from the jar doctor. I want to say I used 1200 on this one but can’t exactly recall since it has been awhile.

Reactions: Roy

Roy

Reaction score
When he said 2 days in polish maybe that was with Jar Doctots All Purpose. I think you meant All Purpose Polish as Compound is more course? LEON.
You are correct on both counts.
Must have been before I had my second cup of coffee... Roy

hemihampton

Reaction score
before & after Pics.

HarpstHutchDirty.JPG
HarpstHutchCleaned.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's a Bottle I only partially Tumbled. It was pretty sick & had that Rainbow Color look to it but it was not pretty, pretty ugly really. SO, I gave it 2 days in 1500 grit Silicone Carbide Cutter. This will quickly get rid of any heavy duty sickness. But, after 2 days of course silicone carbide it will give it that dulled out sandblasted beach glass look. To get rid of that I'll need to give it a week in Aluminum Oxide Polish. See ya in a week. LEON.

NorrisDirty.JPG
NorrisHalfCleaned.JPG

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Here's a Bottle I only partially Tumbled. It was pretty sick & had that Rainbow Color look to it but it was not pretty, pretty ugly really. SO, I gave it 2 days in 1500 grit Silicone Carbide Cutter. This will quickly get rid of any heavy duty sickness. But, after 2 days of course silicone carbide it will give it that dulled out sandblasted beach glass look. To get rid of that I'll need to give it a week in Aluminum Oxide Polish. See ya in a week. LEON.

View attachment 244640View attachment 244641
Giddy up, will be waiting for the results with bated breath.

Reactions: Roy

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp