Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Tweedies Icy - art deco soda bottle Goderich Ontario

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
found this at an antique mall in southern Ontario a couple weeks ago just before things went nuts with the virus and they all closed down temporarily .

the bottle is from Goderich Ontario , a port town on Lake Huron , never actually been there before but its sounds like an interesting place . doesn't actually say Goderich on the bottle but I know that's where Tweedie beverages was from based on my books and other bottles I've seen .

pretty sure its 30's or 40's era as that's when this design of bottle was used in Canada , the same design was used but several other bottles during that period , I have some others in this same design .

at the last Toronto bottle show I saw a similar bottle but the seller wanted way too much for it , I wrote down in my notes that it was called " tweedie dry " so I'm not sure if there is a slightly different version if one says icy and one says dry ? or if I just wrote it down wrong back then

DSC02628.JPG
DSC02629.JPG
DSC02633.JPG
DSC02635.JPG

Attachments

embe

Jul 14, 2019
Super clean and bold embossing. I can ask (coincidentally from that part and era) and see if they can shed some more light. It was/is a small town.

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
Super clean and bold embossing. I can ask (coincidentally from that part and era) and see if they can shed some more light. It was/is a small town.
I'd imagine it was the main bottler there , doubt there was many others back then

the antique mall where I found it had some other bottles and items from goderich , it appeared someone was selling off there collection , could of passed away or some other reason they had to sell

bottlehunt!

Apr 7, 2020
I found a totally different shaped shard but it says icy in the same font. maby different time periods?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mailman1960