Tweedies Icy - art deco soda bottle Goderich Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this at an antique mall in southern Ontario a couple weeks ago just before things went nuts with the virus and they all closed down temporarily .

the bottle is from Goderich Ontario , a port town on Lake Huron , never actually been there before but its sounds like an interesting place . doesn't actually say Goderich on the bottle but I know that's where Tweedie beverages was from based on my books and other bottles I've seen .

pretty sure its 30's or 40's era as that's when this design of bottle was used in Canada , the same design was used but several other bottles during that period , I have some others in this same design .

at the last Toronto bottle show I saw a similar bottle but the seller wanted way too much for it , I wrote down in my notes that it was called " tweedie dry " so I'm not sure if there is a slightly different version if one says icy and one says dry ? or if I just wrote it down wrong back then

DSC02628.JPG
DSC02629.JPG
DSC02633.JPG
DSC02635.JPG

Attachments

• DSC02635.JPG
    DSC02635.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 241

embe

Reaction score
Super clean and bold embossing. I can ask (coincidentally from that part and era) and see if they can shed some more light. It was/is a small town.

RCO

Reaction score
Super clean and bold embossing. I can ask (coincidentally from that part and era) and see if they can shed some more light. It was/is a small town.

I'd imagine it was the main bottler there , doubt there was many others back then

the antique mall where I found it had some other bottles and items from goderich , it appeared someone was selling off there collection , could of passed away or some other reason they had to sell

bottlehunt!

Reaction score
I found a totally different shaped shard but it says icy in the same font. maby different time periods?

brent little

Reaction score
I lived behind Cam Tweedie back in the sixties when i was a kid. he was a kind person with a great personality.His private brand business started back around 1930. His works was where the now present Hoffmeyer Plumbing in Goderich. Doug Hoffmeyer told me he remembers his dad remoiving the bottle machinary in 1955 when they bought the building. Cameron became a Coca-Cola producer in 1942 so his private brand ceased at that time. He has some 10 different bottles which i have. he gave me the first one when i was just a small lad.IHe became very successful being in the pop business i think Coca-Cola was a really smart move for him at that time,Hope this helps,Brent

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky