TWO LARGE APOTHECARY JARS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
Thank you all for bringing a bit of confusion to my life interest. With confusion comes study and knowledge. There are twists in the neck area.Joel

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Yes Joel there are vertical lines in the neck of a lot of pasted mold products. This was a result of the bottle maker turning his blow pipe before the bottle was freed from the blow pipe. After empontilng the product, the tube was removed an the applied glass for the tooled finish was put on the bottle and tooled.A lot of the mold cavities for turn molded products, had a tapered cavity to help with the lift out of the product. The turning and lift often caused horizontal lines on the glass. Some times the line will show the lift by having a n up lift of the turn mark. Turned products could not have embossing, except on the bottom and usually this distorted the letters, unless the lift was enough to keep the lettering clear enough. I has been a neat study on my ten items. I hope to put it together with wome pictures on my homepage. I noticed that my home page is no longer shown on my posted messages. I do not know why or how that happened, RED Matthews

epgorge

Reaction score
Thanks for the finely worded lesson on turn molds. Your bottle mysteries.com/welcome/ is showing now.How is NY and your vacation faring? I haven't forgotten the three pitchers I need to mail to you. I have been bed ridden since we spoke last. I will do that and other chores I have procrastinated, soon.Joel

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora