Two mystery bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Catcat16

Reaction score
I've never dug a hutch. I believe they're around here but really deep. I live in Grafton wv
Really? Dang that stinks. I find way more broken ones then good condition ones. In fact it’s a really good day if I find one of those and it’s rare like I’ve got hundreds of bottles maybe even 1000 probably a little less than that honestly but still out of all those I’ve probably only got about six or seven in good condition and about four Or five more cracked or chipped. you wanna hear something awful?

I was trying to show my boyfriend who always has his face in his phone, one of the bottles after I cleaned it.. (I found three that day) two were the same 1 was different from the other two. The one that was different was really cool and it was the only one in perfect condition the other two had either cracks or chips. I have them all out laying on my bed after I cleaned them.. and I was holding the different one in my hand out towards him telling him to grab it so he could see it. He wasn’t paying attention and after about 45 seconds of me holding it and him not looking over I said “F” -it and started to pull it back towards me and it slipped out of my hands and fell on to the two other hutch bottles breaking all three... two of them broke clean in half. I was beyond upset. But it was my fault for having them all out the way I did. Plus I’m a total butterfingers and should have known better.this picture is seconds before that happened. That was my haul that day. r.i.p my lil bottle babies

Attachments

• 55113191-D012-4EF8-ACBA-E0C690A53AAE.jpeg
    55113191-D012-4EF8-ACBA-E0C690A53AAE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 379

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Really? Dang that stinks. I find way more broken ones then good condition ones. In fact it’s a really good day if I find one of those and it’s rare like I’ve got hundreds of bottles maybe even 1000 probably a little less than that honestly but still out of all those I’ve probably only got about six or seven in good condition and about four Or five more cracked or chipped. you wanna hear something awful?

I was trying to show my boyfriend who always has his face in his phone, one of the bottles after I cleaned it.. (I found three that day) two were the same 1 was different from the other two. The one that was different was really cool and it was the only one in perfect condition the other two had either cracks or chips. I have them all out laying on my bed after I cleaned them.. and I was holding the different one in my hand out towards him telling him to grab it so he could see it. He wasn’t paying attention and after about 45 seconds of me holding it and him not looking over I said “F” -it and started to pull it back towards me and it slipped out of my hands and fell on to the two other hutch bottles breaking all three... two of them broke clean in half. I was beyond upset. But it was my fault for having them all out the way I did. Plus I’m a total butterfingers and should have known better.this picture is seconds before that happened. That was my haul that day. r.i.p my lil bottle babies
That is a shame. I have butterfingers myself. I know this is just the tip of your iceberg. What i mean is your young and i am sure you will have many amazing finds in the future. I still get a sick feeling in my stomach at the thought of this $160.00 5 gallon water jug i broke. It was an Electrified water. Talk about a mess...glass everywhere, plus i was bare foot in the basement (i just finished rinsing in out.) of course i got glass in my feet for my troubles. When things go wrong for me they usually go from bad to worse. The fact that bottles are fragile is part of the lure and an accident waiting to happen.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
So I just found these yesterday and have looked up the hutch bottle with no success. The other bottle, well, I have no idea where to start with.

the hutch bottle has a big “P E” embossed on the front in a beautiful font. The back is embossed “Pebner bottler wil, Del” and there is a “p E” on the bottom of the bottle as well. I’ve never seen one like this before and I don’t just mean the company. The shape of the bottle is something I’m not used to. Instead of a smooth cylinder bottle, it’s almost like idk an octagon? Where the sides are carved down And that appears to start in the middle of the bottle a little towards the bottom. So the top as you can see doesn’t have that. It’s really neat. The color looks aqua and it’s in near mint condition luckally as the other two I found there were smashed to bits. I can’t imagine how as these bottles are so strong. I can’t find it online anywhere or find any info on the company.

The other bottle is also aqua if not a more blue ish color. It’s almost like an iced glass texture but that could just be from the years under ground. It’s beautiful but I have no idea to search a symbol.
the front has that symbol and towards the bottom of the bottle it says “6 fluid oz net” there’s no words on the bottom or back. I would really appreciate any help. Thank you :)
-Cat
Www.glassbottlemarks.com
I use this site often...i think you will too. ROBBYBOBBY64

Catcat16

Reaction score
That is a shame. I have butterfingers myself. I know this is just the tip of your iceberg. What i mean is your young and i am sure you will have many amazing finds in the future. I still get a sick feeling in my stomach at the thought of this $160.00 5 gallon water jug i broke. It was an Electrified water. Talk about a mess...glass everywhere, plus i was bare foot in the basement (i just finished rinsing in out.) of course i got glass in my feet for my troubles. When things go wrong for me they usually go from bad to worse. The fact that bottles are fragile is part of the lure and an accident waiting to happen.
Dangggg that sucks! Well that makes me feel a bit better lol! Well, the fact I’m not the only one I mean.

Dewfus

"Saving The Past So It Has A Future"
Reaction score
That is called a mug base hutch. 10 sided. Beautiful hutch even has the stopper! What a find. I have no other info at this time... Sorry. I am sure someone will come up with more information.
I've got a smaller version of the rectangular bottle with the C & Co. or OOC & Co. or whatever it says. Don't know, but it always looked like some kind of cosmetic bottle to me, lotion, shampoo or something.
The 2nd one is a colgate perfume bottle I have a smaller identical one...beautiful hutch though I'm so jealous I want to find one so bad I'd give my right arm to find one

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Dangggg that sucks! Well that makes me feel a bit better lol! Well, the fact I’m not the only one I mean.
You definetly are not alone Cat!
The crazy thing about my break was the bottom was the only thing that survived. To turn lemons in to lemonade, i cut the bottom clean around and ground down the lip creating a neat embossed plate. What do you think?
IMG_20200421_095652.jpg
IMG_20200421_095757.jpg
IMG_20200421_100212.jpg

treasurekidd

Reaction score

Michaelppoling78

Reaction score

Omg. That would be heartbreaking. That yellowish colored hutch was probably valuable. I live in wv. I joined bottle diggers and collectors on Facebook. I like it. Today I went for a dig and found awesome broken pieces but the only things I found whole was common bottles. But I seen 2 pieces to straight sided cokes and a piece to an amber coke. A lot of awesome looking carnival glass pieces. I did find a couple local bottles including a local milk bottle which sells for about $40. Anyway the only thing my girlfriend likes about my bottles is when I sell some. Lol. Pic is today's finds

Attachments

• 20200422_162142.jpg
    20200422_162142.jpg
    732.9 KB · Views: 367

Catcat16

Reaction score
Omg. That would be heartbreaking. That yellowish colored hutch was probably valuable. I live in wv. I joined bottle diggers and collectors on Facebook. I like it. Today I went for a dig and found awesome broken pieces but the only things I found whole was common bottles. But I seen 2 pieces to straight sided cokes and a piece to an amber coke. A lot of awesome looking carnival glass pieces. I did find a couple local bottles including a local milk bottle which sells for about $40. Anyway the only thing my girlfriend likes about my bottles is when I sell some. Lol. Pic is today's finds
Wow what are those brows ones in the middle? Got any pictures of them cleaned up? Oh and that little one in the corner looks like a baby bottle for a doll. I collect mini bottles and have a couple. They came filled with candy and when the candy ran out the child would use the bottle (that came with a nipple) as a baby bottle to feed her dolly with. Looks like you actually got some awesome finds!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu