two Russian wine?a bit rough

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sunrunner

Reaction score
the flat scars are mad with some sort of snap case to hold the hot bottle so to finish the lip. oh and Pier one is an import gift store here in the states .

haide

Reaction score
the flat scars are mad with some sort of snap case to hold the hot bottle so to finish the lip. oh and Pier one is an import gift store here in the states .

I rechecked the scars,and find sth I can't explain:on the embossed sides,the flat scars invade into the fields of the embossed letters——just invade the depressed spaces without any harm to the convex letters,that's really a pazzle for me!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
No, there isn't really a single way to identify a decor bottle, but after you've been collecting for a while you can usually identify one by sight. They just have a different look. That said, I'm having a really hard time telling whether or not your first bottle is a decor bottle or the real thing. I'm starting to lean towards the real thing, whatever the real thing may be.
Pier One Imports is a chain store here in North America that sells home decorations. It's one of those stores you see in every large suburban shopping plaza, along with the Wal Mart, Toys R Us, Staples, and Best Buy. Most "Pier One Imports" bottles didn't actually come from Pier One, but they always get attributed to them for some reason. Regardless, I'm pretty sure that your bottle never came from Pier One Imports. Whatever that second one is, even though it is nice, 200 yuan is indeed too much.
I can't figure out what that Japanese bottle would be intended for. My three best guesses are: 1. that the English is just for decoration to make it look like Scottish Whiskey, 2. it was intended for the Japanese-American market and then somehow made it back to Asia or 3. it was marketed towards Allied soldiers stationed in Japan after the end of WWII. The more I think about it the more likely the third option seems. It looks like it would date to the period around the Second World War and during the war Japan was at war with pretty much all of the English-speaking countries, so I wouldn't think they would be printing English on their products very much.
I don't know much about those scars on the last bottle because I don't know much about the glassmaking process, but I know that I see them on older bottles here quite a lot.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky