TWOS DAY (Tuesday)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
What does the embossing on your bottle say, Screwtop -- I can't quite make it out with these old eyes. Of course, if it doesn't say "beer" or "brewery," your bottle probably contained ammonia, bluing, or soda.

DSC_0092.jpg

It was definitely a beer bottle. It is very hard to find info on this guy, but S.H. Frederick was a dealer in wholesale liquor.

Frederick.PNG

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I have a bottle that isn't listed on your site. It is a very rare bird.
I think, Bruce, you're trying to put too fine a point on the purpose of the PHOENIX BOTTLING WORKS bottles. The bottling works is clearly associated with the brewery.
This is the type of BEER bottle that gets listed in the library.
Been documenting and collecting this way since the 90s so I will leave documenting anything else to someone else.
Thanks for helping just the same.
https://brucemobley.com/beerbottlelibrary/how2use.htm

Jimmy Langford

Reaction score
Text me your name and email and I will put your name on them. Best I can do for now. :)
CDE1F977-387B-4E50-9FA6-2F2B61DFC391.jpeg
I found this extremely rare 2002 beer bottle on the side of the road. Please put it on your website. ! NEVER DOCUMENTED !
My name is John Doe.
Email is JoeDoeIsMyName@JohnDoe.com
Antarctica St. , Antarctic.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score

I missed your set of limitations on the beer bottle site, Bruce. Most collectors learn to specialize, I think -- by geography, by color, by lip finish, by age, etc. You have hit on an eccentric specialization as described in the guide to your beer bottle "library."

Your specialization overlaps all the typical rubrics, and as such offers limited usefulness for those doing typical research. Your site constitutes a gallery, not a library -- a gallery of bottles that is limited to no logical research category.

Your specialization is your own; but, I cannot but wonder how much more useful your site would be if its subject were "amber blob-top beer bottles of New York" or "American stoneware beer bottles." Maybe next time.

K6TIM

Reaction score
The St. Louis Weiss Beers are sure shaped funny, at least from what I'm used to seeing. The colors are killer.
Yes they are shaped funny.Never seen that pitcular shape?

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I missed your set of limitations on the beer bottle site, Bruce. Most collectors learn to specialize, I think -- by geography, by color, by lip finish, by age, etc. You have hit on an eccentric specialization as described in the guide to your beer bottle "library."

Your specialization overlaps all the typical rubrics, and as such offers limited usefulness for those doing typical research. Your site constitutes a gallery, not a library -- a gallery of bottles that is limited to no logical research category.

Your specialization is your own; but, I cannot but wonder how much more useful your site would be if its subject were "amber blob-top beer bottles of New York" or "American stoneware beer bottles." Maybe next time.
Great idea. There's your next project. It's plenty of work keeping up with just the ones I document now.

Sodasandbeers

Reaction score
Bruce,

I feel you pain. Without limitations the site would be a full time job! If someone thinks they can do better, they should build their own site. I don't think general collectors appreciate the amount of work and dedication that goes into creating and maintaining a site like yours.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi