U.S.A. Hosp. Dept.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
Yeah those gloves can be slick and it was a real shame. I felt bad for the unlucky person, (you maybe), who didn't get it and I felt really bad for him because you know when that thing hit the floor, his heart had to have hit the floor with it.

sandchip

Reaction score
I had to be a sobering experience, for sure.

Noordsy had some nice examples on his website a couple of years back, sporting some big prices as well. Last year at the Smyrna, Ga. show, the ebay seller "Tecumseh47" had a box of a dozen quarts under his table that he had brought along to show. He had some killers in there including one in a brilliant light pucey apricot. And "westernglassaddict" let go of some killers in the last year as well. I used to have one in the common olive amber way back, but let it go years ago. I'd love to add a nice one at some point, if the right one comes along, and if the pockets have anything in 'em at the time.

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
I have purchased a couple from Westerglassaddict myself. He had a fine collection of quarts. Don't know if he has any left or not.

Huntindog

Reaction score
Heckler has a nice Cobalt one (lot#18) on right now.
$3750 if your pockets are deep enough...

sandchip

Reaction score
It's a beauty, and they ain't even warmed up yet!

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
I know cobalt quarts have gone through the roof in the last few years but $3750 seems a little high for one with an open bubble. Especially with auction fees and such. Coarse you don't see those lovely's come up that often either.

sandchip

Reaction score
Yeah, you really have to keep those fees in mind when bidding. I always plan on hanging on to my bottles, but if you do have to unload for whatever reason, those fees make it nearly impossible to come out on top. I remember when GWA started, there was no fee at all, making it off the seller to whom a service is being provided and totally understandable. Then a 10% buyer's premium was implemented which was tolerable, I guess, but still basically a penalty levied on the buyer that exploits his desire for the piece. This is further reflected in all the houses steadlly ramping them up through the years. One has to wonder where it will end. They make it on both ends, and it never seems to be enough.

My apologies for taking this thread off on a tangent. Now, let's see some more of those great hospitals, 'smoke!

Last edited:

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
lol! I agree. The fees sure can sting on an expensive bottle. I'll get another pic or 2 up soon!

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
This is another of my quarts that I was lucky enough to dig at Fort Elliott back in 03. This bottle is orange. That is the only color that comes to my mind. It's one of my favorites not only because of the scarce orange shade but also because it was free! Lol! U.S.A. Hosp. Dept. 2.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
Incredible. I can't imagine pulling that out of the ground! Orange sounds good to me, but no telling what Heckler or Pastor would call it! Man, it really has great character from what I can see in the shoulder area.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora