U.S. Military Desperate To Be Handed Just One Solid War It Can Knock Out Of The Park

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: PrivyCheese

Seriously? And I am supposed to have faith in the young of today? You would believe this more then Fox News? really?

And I am supposed to have faith in adults today? People would believe I believe The Onion is a serious news source? Really? [8D]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
My favorite image for use on forums... Guess you have an outdated/obsolete model?

sarcasm01.jpg

surfaceone

Reaction score
People would believe I believe The Onion is a serious news source? Really?

Yo Connor,

Maybe I missed that part about:

ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

The Onion is quite real, surface. I trust it more than what one can read on Fox News, that's for sure...

Obama Launches More Realistic "I Have Big Ideas But We'll See How It Goes" Campaign Slogan

I know, Fox news is EVIL [8D] and all, but you really had me scratching my head. I went back and found that smilie "[&:]" that you used, but I never understood the meaning of that one. Does it mean "satire happens," or something?

Maybe I'm too old and crusty, but the humor was lost on me.

Making fun of General Dempsey and our military, in a time of war, seems misguided to me. What seems more misguided, is President Obama's plan to financially undercut our troops, after his Iraq walkaway, and in these GSA days.

Now knowing your feelings on Fox News, I submit this Just In from CNN.

"...BLITZER: Congressman, you're also investigating a very separate General Services Administration scandal involving a bunch of officials who were partying, shall we say, in Las Vegas to the expense of nearly $1 million in taxpayer money.
It's one thing to be stupid and irresponsible. It's another thing to be criminally charged, potentially with misconduct. Is there any evidence you're collecting that GSA officials were criminally responsible for any activity?

ISSA: Yes, Wolf. The inspector general, Brian Miller has a referral under way and a number of the areas include misuse of GSA credit cards and allegations of bribery.
This related to the contractors that they had a relationship with and used them on a no-bid basis, and no bid is an important word in government because the GSA is the agency most responsible to make sure that we do have competitive bids.
That you simply don't give your wife's cousin a big contract without it being a low bid and that's exactly what we believe happened in this case, but at GSA we believe it is more widespread and the tip of the iceberg, if you will.

BLITZER: That sounds like almost like bribery, if you will, that would be a crime.

ISSA: We believe the charges could include bribery and there could be a referral coming very shortly..."

Not too funny, either, but unfortunately, it's true.

The White House has known about this since last July. President Obama's "line-by-line examination" of Federal spending seems to have overlooked this, as well as everything else it "transparently" never examined.

This was Vice President Biden welcoming Ex- Administrator Johnson to the Party:

martha_1.jpg

"GSA has risen to this administration's challenges to improve government efficiency, openness, and to stimulate the economy. The agency has begun work through the Recovery Act toward a more sustainable federal infrastructure investing $4 billion to transform federal buildings into higher performing, greener buildings to create jobs and save taxpayer dollars..." GSA.gov

Kinda amusing that this debacle is still occupying space on the GSA website, don'tcha think

This was Ex-Administrator Johnson after the party was over.

icUnb3DqbERk.jpg
From.

No onions were diced in this posting. [8D]

dicedonions.jpg

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Dear Connor, I apoligize. I am very sorry I didnt get the sophmoric humor that you posted. I somehow got confused and didnt get the implied comedic attempt at the circumstances that our military has suffered lately. Your probably correct in your theory that my sense of humor is of the geriatric nature. I guess I am to old to "get it". I still dont understand the whole point of the post to begin with? But seeing that I am suffering from senility that should be understandable to you. So in the future when you are attempting to spread your comedic relief I will refrain from commenting. I must now go take a nap. This has been very exhausting.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I was just creating a lighthearted diversion from the mire of political posts that clog this section of the forum. That didn't seem to work, so I guess that proves that political threads do nothing but divide the forum... My mistake for having a sense of humor.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score

I was just creating a lighthearted diversion from the mire of political posts that clog this section of the forum. That didn't seem to work, so I guess that proves that political threads do nothing but divide the forum... My mistake for having a sense of humor.

Don't worry about what other people think...........phuk em if they can't take a joke.

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

Don't worry about what other people think...........phuk em if they can't take a joke.

Conner posted a thread in "General Chat", it implies that people will "Chat" about it and give their opinion about what is posted. The problem is I didnt agree with his attempt at humor using the military as his source of a joke. Once again I apologize. I have had friends and family lose their lives fighting for this country..... my bad. Politics is one thing but for me this was done in poor taste. Anyone who knows me knows that I enjoy a good political debate as much as the next guy.

BTW, I find your signature very prophetic.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hehehe, I can see this getting pretty interesting.

Privycheese, I've always appreciated your input. Your self-deprecation, as exhibited over time, is not warranted. Generally speaking, you are correct and on-the-ball. You have quality opinions and express them well.

Regarding The Onion vs. Fox news, clearly the latter is made out to be a real source of information, but it is afflicted with a multitude of failings. It caters to the intellectually average and emotionally-based, and is a proponent of propaganda and falsehood while residing under the guise of a legitimate source of factual information. The same is true with many other media outlets with other political slants. The satirical focus of The Onion does not invalidate the core issues which it actively discusses between-the-lines. I am a conservative by nature; and am a big fan of small Gov't and individual responsibility, but the "republicans" of today are very different from those of the past. Most seem deluded or lost nowadays. I have many friends and family members who were, or presently are engaged in active military duties, but that does not indicate that I approve of the causes they fought/are fighting for.

I used to be more liberal, until the realities of the world crept into my mind and demonstrated how foolish I was. The article posted by Connor expressed how the USA needs a war which can be fought and won with ease. Such a victory would energize the populace and coalesce the collective American mindset. This shift would be very lucrative for the USA, relative to the disillusionment experienced by many citizens who see the complicated wars in Iraq or Afghanistan as being irrelevant and generally unwinnable. Doubt that any true victory will occur.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Here's a VIDEO from EPA, Region VI Administrator, Al Armendariz that I learned about today on the intellectually average news. We wonder why we're in shock every time we try and fill the tank.

Sorry, didn't bother to check the Onion coverage on this. [8D]

Speaking of the Commander of Transparency:

Screen%20shot%202012-04-26%20at%208.10.36%20AM.png

"Earlier this month, President Obama went to Florida where he spent the bulk of his time raising money at overtly partisan fundraisers for his own reelection campaign. But by also scheduling a 34-minute detour to the Florida Atlantic University, where he gave a speech (also quite partisan) promoting the Buffett Rule — a policy that everyone in Washington knows is a political gimmick that has no chance of becoming law — Obama was able to bill a large chunk of the trip to taxpayers as “official†business.

This scam has become so brazen that even Obama’s most loyal media courtiers are pleading with him to drop the charade. Yesterday, after MSNBC’s Mike O’Brien tweeted out, “How much longer do we have to pretend that these POTUS events aren’t campaign events?†The Huffington Post’s Sam Stein responded, “Seriously. This is campaigning. Just call it that. It’s not that dirty of a word.†From.

President Obama's "energy policy" has been mired in confusion, mismanagement, and non-productive regulation from the get go.

abc_solyndra_raid_jrs_110907_wg.jpg
From.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen