Ugh... Well Now I Know Better...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GlassKitTin

Surface Scratcher
Reaction score
So I had some things to do today and it was all rainy and crappy anyway. So husband says while I’m running errands he’s going to go for a little walk where we found our tiny Ball jar and scope around, see if he can find the lid to it, or anything else cool. I was like cool, maybe you’ll get lucky! Told him a couple things to keep an eye out for, and hooked him up with a backpack with some shopping bags in it to wrap up and carry any potential finds.

He comes home a few hours later and I’m all excited. Well, well, you find anything cool?! He’s all, yea, I found a little mustard jar, and some broken china with gold edging, and some nice wine bottles or something like that. I’m like sweet! Let’s see em!

He’s like... um, well I just pulled em out of the creek and left em on the edge, I didn’t bring anything home except this, and he hands me this little broken green chunk of something looks like maybe off of some kind of coloured glass figurine or sculpture type thing. That’s it. (And ok, it still looks cool and will find a home in one of my flowerpots lol) I’m like wha?! Why you do?!

Then I’m in on the questions, what kind of mustard jar, was it barrel shaped, did it say anything? ‘I dunno.’ Well what about the wine or whatever bottles? Were they embossed?! Did they say anything? ‘Maybe?’ Were they screw top or crown top or blob top?! ‘I dunno I think they had cork style tops?’ Ack!!

So, now I gotta go back and see if I can find where he put things... And now I know do not send him to find things alone because he will find... but not retrieve... :rolleyes::p

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
So I had some things to do today and it was all rainy and crappy anyway. So husband says while I’m running errands he’s going to go for a little walk where we found our tiny Ball jar and scope around, see if he can find the lid to it, or anything else cool. I was like cool, maybe you’ll get lucky! Told him a couple things to keep an eye out for, and hooked him up with a backpack with some shopping bags in it to wrap up and carry any potential finds.

He comes home a few hours later and I’m all excited. Well, well, you find anything cool?! He’s all, yea, I found a little mustard jar, and some broken china with gold edging, and some nice wine bottles or something like that. I’m like sweet! Let’s see em!

He’s like... um, well I just pulled em out of the creek and left em on the edge, I didn’t bring anything home except this, and he hands me this little broken green chunk of something looks like maybe off of some kind of coloured glass figurine or sculpture type thing. That’s it. (And ok, it still looks cool and will find a home in one of my flowerpots lol) I’m like wha?! Why you do?!

Then I’m in on the questions, what kind of mustard jar, was it barrel shaped, did it say anything? ‘I dunno.’ Well what about the wine or whatever bottles? Were they embossed?! Did they say anything? ‘Maybe?’ Were they screw top or crown top or blob top?! ‘I dunno I think they had cork style tops?’ Ack!!

So, now I gotta go back and see if I can find where he put things... And now I know do not send him to find things alone because he will find... but not retrieve... :rolleyes::p
Good help is hard to find.

martyfoley

Reaction score
Usually, in my experience its the woman who doesn't want anything brought home. He doesn't know how lucky he is!!:)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi