UNCLE SAM BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite embossed Maine Meds. BAKER"S GREAT AMERICAN SPECIFIC / R.H.HURD,PROP./ N.BERWICK/ MAINE U.S.A. I like the graphics. Any idea what these go for these days ? I haven't seen many around lately.

Bz78693.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78693.jpg
    Bz78693.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 278

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Cliff -

Yes, that's a great Me med. Looks like you have the taller of the two sizes it came in. As far as I can tell Hurd made that med from around 1890 till 1903. I've seen it show up on ebay a few times, prices seem to fluctuate on them, usually somewhere in the $20-$50 price range.

Later - Sam

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Cliff, if you ever want to part with it, I sure would be interested. I am trying to amass a small collection of Baker bottles that aren't too expensive. I keep waiting for that $25.00 Baker's Orange Grove bitters to come my way, but I haven't found it yet![:D] Kelley

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Sam and Kelley,

Yes that is the tall Uncle Sam (5 1/2 in) also have two GAS monogram ones the same size with bevelled sides. One embossed just GREAT AMERICAN SPECIFIC ,the other BAKERS GREAT AMERICAN SPECIFIC. Have the (4 1/4 in) Uncle Sam and a rectangular aqua bottle embossed FREE SAMPLE/ BAKER'S GREAT/ AMERICAN SPECIFIC. I think that is about all the Baker's Specifics I know of or have seen. I dug all of these but have sold or traded any extra's I found. Kelly I will keep you in mind if I find more. Keep on diggin.

Cliff

bearswede

Reaction score
Snazzy bottles, Cliff... Especially that Uncle Sam...

But I think I hear Gunsmoke choking back the tears!!

Ron

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Cliff...

I saw one sold on E-bay some time last year in the 60.00 range. The seller also had a
copy of an old advertisement to go with it, describing it a cure for ghonorea!! Have you seen the Hurd Manor? It is at the intersection of Rte 4 and Rte9 in Berwick, neat old house!

Wayne[:)]

havoc2000

Reaction score
Hi all - I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled on it while looking up my bakers specific bottle from HR Hurd. I have the same one pictured, and it has a purplish tint to it. If I was home I'd snap pics to share. I like in kennebunk Maine, and collect old kennebunk bottles only. I bought this bottle about 10yrs ago, before deciding to only collect kennebunk bottles. If anyone has any kennebunk bottles, that I dont have, I'd love to trade pics. I've never been bottle digging but would love to try one day. Any interest in the Hurd Bakers Specific bottle msg me. Hope to chat and maybe meet some nice people. Mike

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi all - I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled on it while looking up my bakers specific bottle from HR Hurd. I have the same one pictured, and it has a purplish tint to it. If I was home I'd snap pics to share. I like in kennebunk Maine, and collect old kennebunk bottles only. I bought this bottle about 10yrs ago, before deciding to only collect kennebunk bottles. If anyone has any kennebunk bottles, that I dont have, I'd love to trade pics. I've never been bottle digging but would love to try one day. Any interest in the Hurd Bakers Specific bottle msg me. Hope to chat and maybe meet some nice people. Mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky