Union Depot , Tenn. L Gerstle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Polarbluff

Reaction score
15843831307749169209516262395094.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
Leopold Gerstle was born on November 6, 1845 in Bavaria, Germany and died on March 19, 1915. He is buried in Forest Hills Cemetery in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He is listed as a patent medicine manufacturer selling "St. Joseph's Family Medicines". He arrived in the US as a child on September 2, 1854 on a ship called the Rattler and his family settled in Greene County, Tennessee. Union Depot was a station in Chattanooga torn down in the 1970's...but Gerstle's address for many of the years he was in business was Highland Park, which is a bit of a distance from Union Depot, so you may be able to date the bottle by looking at the directories and finding what year he might have been set up near or at the station.

Polarbluff

Reaction score
Leopold Gerstle was born on November 6, 1845 in Bavaria, Germany and died on March 19, 1915. He is buried in Forest Hills Cemetery in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He is listed as a patent medicine manufacturer selling "St. Joseph's Family Medicines". He arrived in the US as a child on September 2, 1854 on a ship called the Rattler and his family settled in Greene County, Tennessee. Union Depot was a station in Chattanooga torn down in the 1970's...but Gerstle's address for many of the years he was in business was Highland Park, which is a bit of a distance from Union Depot, so you may be able to date the bottle by looking at the directories and finding what year he might have been set up near or at the station.
Hey thanks I found a similar article 1875-78 I believe the only years. Of the town with that name what about an value where would I be able to find that no listings on eBay sold or Google search jus a few articles thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky