Unknown Bol's Dry Gin

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Hi guys. I visited a friend's house out in Wahiawa, HI. He gave me a literal milk crate of bottles, maybe 40 or so. Inside was this bottle. It's an applied top with "BOLS DRY GIN" embossed on the front. No base stamp or other marks. It almost looks repro but I know it's not since it has some irridescence. I can't find this online; it is definitely not a local bottle. It was probably dug locally in Hawaii but who knows where exactly. It's one weird bottle.

Attachments

• P1090340.JPG
    P1090340.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 69
  • P1090341.JPG
    P1090341.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 67
  • P1090342.JPG
    P1090342.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 72

Skoda

Reaction score
Found a sealed one here on an auction reposting site, probably went for a lot considering full liquor bottles from the turn of the century command extremely high prices. Label states it is a product of Holland. There's also "Bols Silver Top Distilled London Dry Gin" still being sold today- I'm unsure if there's any relation there. Regardless, seems to be a rather scarce one at the very least!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Interesting, never seen that one before. I think of Bols gin coming in stoneware bottles. Looks like it was likely made in the UK, maybe intended for the UK domestic market. That might be why they don't show up much on this side of the Atlantic.

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Interesting, never seen that one before. I think of Bols gin coming in stoneware bottles. Looks like it was likely made in the UK, maybe intended for the UK domestic market. That might be why they don't show up much on this side of the Atlantic.
Well, then that begs the question of how it got to Hawaii!?!
Could have been shipped to one of the British Pacific or Asian possessions. We do sometimes find Singaporean bottles but very very rarely.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Well, then that begs the question of how it got to Hawaii!?!
Could have been shipped to one of the British Pacific or Asian possessions. We do sometimes find Singaporean bottles but very very rarely.
I imagine a lot of British Empire ships would have been stopping over as well, could have come from one of them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen