UNUSUAL DESCRIPTION

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Alot of Bottles were in short supply because of failure to return to be refilled. because of this they may of loosened the quality control on reuse of damaged bottles. LEON.

yacorie

Reaction score
Plenty of demijohns and early historical flasks with open bubbles that make me think they were blown and use. Perhaps it got later they would reject them but I’m still not sure

saratogadriver

Reaction score
The open bubble wouldn't probably have bothered me too much. The other one... that's a fairly badly damaged bottle. You might call it a fish eye but for me a fish eye is a fairly small bruise. That's a pretty big bruise and it really detracts from the appearance of the bottle.

Looks to me like you did the right thing... they both needed to go back.

Jim G

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I silver picked a beer bottle off of feebay and ended up having to return it to the seller. In the listing the description said "no chips or cracks". It arrived today and has a burst bubble on it. The seller is taking it back, but they said this is a "NATURAL BURST BUBBLE". What??? Never heard of such a thing. A bubble is natural to the old hand made glass manufacturing process, but I feel certain it was damaged to the bubble happened after it was tossed. What do you think?

Hi Uncle Bruce,

I've always felt that burst seeds should be mentioned if bought by mail. At a show, it could be a different story. Bottom line --- you were right to get your bucks back.
--Len
View attachment 214585

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu