USA HOSP DEPT bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Duggan

Reaction score
Hey guys...I am new to this and really kind of a novice. I started with whiskeys but now all they are doing is collecting dust so I am starting to sell...the question I have for you all is this...I have a nice USA Hosp Dept bottle that I am going to sell...what do you think is the best place to sell...I was thinking EBAY but the fees are starting to get stupid. If any are interested here or know anybody that is in need of one drop me an email.. I have pics that I could send ya..
Thanks
Derek..

if I dont get right back to you bare with me...work some weird hours..

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
A bottle like that will probably bring a bit higher price from one of the glass auction houses.
You can do well on ebay if you can take good photos and list it well (and have good feedback).
There are pluses and minuses for each method.
You can also save commisions by taking it to a local bottle show to sell .. or try to sell it here.

Duggan

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply....I dont know much about bottle auctions but I have good feed back on Ebay...May have to look at some bottle auction sites or something....Thanks....I could post up some pics here...I know there are a lot of repops out there but this is a good legit bottle...Do you think there would be much interest here??

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
...I know there are a lot of repops out there but this is a good legit bottle...Do you think there would be much interest here??

there are actually very few repros of USA HOSP bottles. But they do exist.

I'm sure members here would be interested in it.
Kelley Baker (Gunsmoke47) collects them.

georgeoj

Reaction score
There are likely many people here who would be interested. It would not hurt to post pictures and find out if you can save some fees. George

botlguy

Reaction score
I would be VERY interested in this bottle but would need to know a whole lot more about you personally before I would attempt to negotiate on it. Your profile is minimal at best. I have been RIPPED OFF in the past by someone just coming on to this forum so I am, perhaps, over cautious. Better safe than sorry.

I am NOT casting aspersions on you or your character but I also want to alert others to be cautious. This should be a rather spendy bottle if colored.

botlguy

Reaction score
Another thought just occured to me. Any sort of auction, whether eBay or auction house will require fees that reduce your "take home amount". Everyone who handles a part of the sale gets their take. Even setting up at a show costs money. The least expensive place is a forum such as this. The seller has little to no RISK but the buyer sticks their neck out perhaps a looooooooonngg way.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Matt's right, I am always on the look out for ones I do not have. By all means, post good clear pic's of it. Thanks, Kelley

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18