Use of CLR

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
This is far off the bottle trail but this is general chat . I bought a set of forstner drill bits in a yard sale the other day . They were in a wood box but looked like they had been laying out in the damp for days and have rusted pretty badly . My question is , Have any of you used CLR on rusted metal and if so was it in any way effective ? And who sells CLR should I want to try it ? I have not seen it in any of the stores in my area .

surfaceone

Reaction score
Look HERE, Louis.

Rusty-tube.

toolsofrust.jpg

LC

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Surf . That's some pretty minor rust that was on those sockets , The shafts of the bits are covered completely with rust . Its not pitted , but it is completely covered . I could run them over a wire wheel , that would remove a lot of it , but to try and do anything on a wheel as for the tops and bottoms of the cutting part of the drill would or could be pretty dangerous . If I can find a place that sells it , I will probably go ahead and buy a bottle of it , it might also clean up some of the bottles I have that are stained pretty bad .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky