VA.HIGHLANDS FESTIVAL & ANTIQUE SHOW 7-30 to 8-14

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
This event runs from July 30 to Aug 14...9 AM to 6 PM daily.

If you're driving on I-81 through NE TN or SW VA drop by the Festival in Abingdon, VA...There's two huge tents loaded with collectibles,furniture, glassware, china, pottery , advertising items, and BOTTLES. It costs a couple dollars to get in.

For your wives, there's an arts & crafts show at the Martha Washington Inn.

There should be some yard sales ...and on weekends the two flea markets in the tobacco warehouses on Hwy.19 and Russell Rd. are open.

Bluebelle

Reaction score
That sounds great! I used to live in VA and there is such great stuff along the I 81 and Rte 11 corridors - just about all my "boughten" bottles came from country auctions and antique/flea markets from Harrisonburg to Roanoke to Ferrum. I miss VA a lot.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
BLUEBELLE...just found out they have a website and list of events:
www.vahighlandsfestival.org

I too have found lots of goodies along the I-81 & 11W corridors. However, the last time I went up that way (en route to Baltimore), things were kinda scanty...and what was available was over priced...

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Charlie -
How long does it take for you to drive to Christiansburg or Blacksburg, Va.? Just wondering, because I just looked at Abingdon on Mapquest and thought you were far away until I looked at this. I can be in Blacksburg ( do it several times a year) in around three hrs. and taking back roads, Rt. 460 and such. I just may head there one day yet for a bottle show, etc. [:D]

PS - My digging buddy has Sanborns of many of the towns in that area (radius of Christiansburg) and hope to dig there in the near future.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
(sorry got booted off here again)
MEECH..I'm about 150 miles from Roanoke. A little over 100 from Radford, which is near Christiansburg. Drove up there a couple times for some diggin'. Found where someone had opened a privy and there were all kinds of blue decorated pottery shards and old bottle necks lying about ...I wonder what goodies they got? Never did learn who it was, but Hunter Cox hinted it was him.

I did find a few BIM Hite's bottles along the railroad embankments and one site where dozens of Radford Ice Co soda bottles had been broken..[:mad:]
Also found some soft bricks with a cross embossed in the center. There was a foundation loaded with them...I need to go back and get some more.

oh...this was in Radford.[&:]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.