Value of Pearson Bros Bodie Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

vrabelm

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and doing research on a Pearson Bros Bodie bottle that I recently inherited. After some searching I came across this site and thought I'd join to get some of your expert opinons on an approximate value. The bottle appears to be in excellent condition i.e. no scratches, chips, cracks or any visible blemishes. I've seen sold prices in a range of ~$800 to ~$2600 online. Any thoughts or insights you can share about its value is much appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Attachments

• Pearson Bros Bodie - bottom.jpg
    Pearson Bros Bodie - bottom.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 220
  • Pearson Bros Bodie - right.jpg
    Pearson Bros Bodie - right.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Pearson Bros Bodie - left.jpg
    Pearson Bros Bodie - left.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 215
  • Pearson Bros Bodie - front.jpg
    Pearson Bros Bodie - front.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 221

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and doing research on a Pearson Bros Bodie bottle that I recently inherited. After some searching I came across this site and thought I'd join to get some of your expert opinons on an approximate value. The bottle appears to be in excellent condition i.e. no scratches, chips, cracks or any visible blemishes. I've seen sold prices in a range of ~$800 to ~$2600 online. Any thoughts or insights you can share about its value is much appreciated. Thanks, Mark
Wow, a real Bodie bottle! It's a gravitating stopper bottle from California. Are you looking to sell? Lot of people will probably ask. Thanks for the pictures and post. Price is a tricky question. There is the average as you have stated, low and high. Some auctioned items go for much higher prices. This being a highly sought after bottle i could imagine some insanely high bids. They do not come around often.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

vrabelm

Reaction score
@ROBBYBOBBY64
@hemihampton
Thank you both for sharing your feedback as well as links to these threads. It appears as though I might possess a little treasure. However, before I get too excited, how can I authenticate is the real dea? Hate to get my hopes up if it's not. It looks like it's legit to me, but I'm a newbie here. Is there someone you suggest who can authenticate it? As far as selling it, I'm open to exploring this option once I get educated on exactly what it is I own. Appreciate your feedback.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I don't think anybody is reproducing this bottle or type of Bottle so I'm pretty sure it's all original real deal in my opinion. I'd be Interested in this Bottle but I'd assume it's out of my Price Range. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
@ROBBYBOBBY64
@hemihampton
Thank you both for sharing your feedback as well as links to these threads. It appears as though I might possess a little treasure. However, before I get too excited, how can I authenticate is the real dea? Hate to get my hopes up if it's not. It looks like it's legit to me, but I'm a newbie here. Is there someone you suggest who can authenticate it? As far as selling it, I'm open to exploring this option once I get educated on exactly what it is I own. Appreciate your feedback.
It's definitely real. Faking bottles is not easy, and there are only a few types (of which yours is not one) where repros are something to worry about. It's not the sort of thing you can do as a one-off, so anything with one fake will have hundreds more fakes of the same bottle out there. There aren't hundreds of fake Bodie sodas out there. I wouldn't bother trying to get it authenticated, it's not something I've ever seen done for a soda bottle of that era no matter how much is being asked for it.

vrabelm

Reaction score
Appreciate the confirmation @CanadianBottles. At this point I'm excited to learn that I have a legit bottle! I've seen a few previous sales that have with ratings (e.g. 9.2( and I assume this rating system increases the value of the bottle. Is this a correct assumption? If yes, where does one get bottles rated, or is this a waste of time too?

hemihampton

Reaction score
I don't know anybody that Rates Bottles as a paying Service, BUT, I think some of the big Bottle Auction Sites may rate the Bottles they sell. Your Bottle would need a Tumble Cleaning to increase it's Value & Condition. Although some don't like Tumbled Bottles. But you don't see many dirty, damaged, sick looking Bottles at the big Bottle Auction Sites, Most of those will get top $$ because they only sell pristine mint perfect bottles usually. LEON.
BodiePearsonbottle.jpg

vrabelm

Reaction score
I don't know anybody that Rates Bottles as a paying Service, BUT, I think some of the big Bottle Auction Sites may rate the Bottles they sell. Your Bottle would need a Tumble Cleaning to increase it's Value & Condition. Although some don't like Tumbled Bottles. But you don't see many dirty, damaged, sick looking Bottles at the big Bottle Auction Sites, Most of those will get top $$ because they only sell pristine mint perfect bottles usually. LEON.View attachment 231784

vrabelm

Reaction score
My bottle is in excellent condition--no chips, scratches or visible blemishes that I can see, although it could use a good cleaning. I'll admit that I'm a little hesitant to hand it over to someone for cleaning, too. Not sure if doing the best I can with what I have availble is the best option here. What are some of these big bottle auction sites that you referenced above?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky