Value of Pearson Bros Bodie Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I like this one because he's local to me.

But there are many others, I know one on west Coast specializes in more West Coast Bottles & some on east may be more into East Coast Bottles, ect., ect. LEON.

willong

Reaction score
My bottle is in excellent condition--no chips, scratches or visible blemishes that I can see, although it could use a good cleaning. I'll admit that I'm a little hesitant to hand it over to someone for cleaning, too. Not sure if doing the best I can with what I have availble is the best option here. What are some of these big bottle auction sites that you referenced above?
Very nice inheritance! Did a relative dig it?

With respectful apologies to Hemihampton, I would advise you to NOT tumble your bottle. It is in too good condition as is, and some collectors would much prefer its authentic condition to that of the tumbled example in the photo that Leon posted. Tumbling a sick (etched or coated by minerals in the ground while buried) bottle is justified; but yours hardly qualifies as sick in my opinion. I'm sure others will chime in with their own.

vrabelm

Reaction score
Very nice inheritance! Did a relative dig it?

With respectful apologies to Hemihampton, I would advise you to NOT tumble your bottle. It is in too good condition as is, and some collectors would much prefer its authentic condition to that of the tumbled example in the photo that Leon posted. Tumbling a sick (etched or coated by minerals in the ground while buried) bottle is justified; but yours hardly qualifies as sick in my opinion. I'm sure others will chime in with their own.
Where or when my father got this is a mystery to me since he was not a collector of anything. So finding this is a true surprise. I've done some research on tumbling people have some strong feelings about whether or not this is a good thing to do. Personally, I'd like to see it shined up and pretty--just not sure if that's what potential buyers prefer.

dab46

Reaction score
try american bottle auctions it's a calif company. they have most of western bottles

dab46

Reaction score
you might want to check it with a black light to make sure that it was not repaired. you wouldn't want to tumble it if it was repaired. I tumble bottles but I am in WI. that is out question.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It looks to me like it's just got a bunch of dirt on the inside, not any damage that needs to be tumbled off. I'd recommend to just get a bottle brush and some dish soap and lukewarm water and wash it yourself. These bottles are very durable since they were designed to be reused many times, unless you drop it or cause it to undergo a rapid temperature change you won't damage it. I agree with the recommendation to absolutely not tumble it. I think the only thing wrong with it is some soil residue still in it, tumbling is overkill if that's all that's wrong with it.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Since the dirt is minor I don't think a slight Tumble for 1 day in fine Polish is Over Kill. No big deal for me because I got a tumbler & do this all the time. What would be Overkill is the guy in here that Tumbles for a week with 1000 grit silicone carbide Heavy Duty Cutter & then another week with 1500 grit silicone carbide & then another week with Aluminum Oxide Polish & then he Charges you $150 when he's Done. That would be over kill. BUT, If it is indeed just light dirt I'd just run to Harbor Freight & buy there cheap $5.00 Bottle Brush kit that comes with like 10 different Brush's & Try that first with Soap & Water & see if that works. If not sell to Me & I'll Tumble it for myself. LOL.

Old man digger

Reaction score
You were asking about Auctions. "Greg Spurgeon Auctions" is one to check into. He just had a cobalt blue mason jar sell for $39,000.00 and some change so he does have deep pockets looking at his stuff. I have never heard anything bad about the guy.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora