Value of Pearson Bros Bodie Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

vrabelm

Reaction score
You were asking about Auctions. "Greg Spurgeon Auctions" is one to check into. He just had a cobalt blue mason jar sell for $39,000.00 and some change so he does have deep pockets looking at his stuff. I have never heard anything bad about the guy.
I'll reach out to GSA too... that's one expensive mason jar!

vrabelm

Reaction score
Since the dirt is minor I don't think a slight Tumble for 1 day in fine Polish is Over Kill. No big deal for me because I got a tumbler & do this all the time. What would be Overkill is the guy in here that Tumbles for a week with 1000 grit silicone carbide Heavy Duty Cutter & then another week with 1500 grit silicone carbide & then another week with Aluminum Oxide Polish & then he Charges you $150 when he's Done. That would be over kill. BUT, If it is indeed just light dirt I'd just run to Harbor Freight & buy there cheap $5.00 Bottle Brush kit that comes with like 10 different Brush's & Try that first with Soap & Water & see if that works. If not sell to Me & I'll Tumble it for myself. LOL.
I think I'll clearn it myself with soap and water as suggested. Should I decide to sell it via an auction house then they can clean it up more.

vrabelm

Reaction score
you might want to check it with a black light to make sure that it was not repaired. you wouldn't want to tumble it if it was repaired. I tumble bottles but I am in WI. that is out question.
I'm not expert but I don't see any issues with this bottle

vrabelm

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and doing research on a Pearson Bros Bodie bottle that I recently inherited. After some searching I came across this site and thought I'd join to get some of your expert opinons on an approximate value. The bottle appears to be in excellent condition i.e. no scratches, chips, cracks or any visible blemishes. I've seen sold prices in a range of ~$800 to ~$2600 online. Any thoughts or insights you can share about its value is much appreciated. Thanks, Mark
Hello, anyone interested in purchasing this bottle please pm me. Happy to answer any questions you may have as well.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and doing research on a Pearson Bros Bodie bottle that I recently inherited. After some searching I came across this site and thought I'd join to get some of your expert opinons on an approximate value. The bottle appears to be in excellent condition i.e. no scratches, chips, cracks or any visible blemishes. I've seen sold prices in a range of ~$800 to ~$2600 online. Any thoughts or insights you can share about its value is much appreciated. Thanks, Mark
Are you kidding?! That’s so nice! If it were mine, I would think about hanging on to it …. Because that sounds like a low price. The other half of me thinks “I would get that out of my house- because that Bodie curse is real!” Just a square nail from there made me know that…. Couldn’t get it back to where I found it, fast enough! (A year, it took). I wipe down my shoes leaving that place!)

vrabelm

Reaction score
LOL, no bad luck... yet! (fingers crossed) I agree that the initial prices I found online are too low. I've seen prices exceed $3600. I'm in no hurry to sell it but will for a fair price for both parties involved. I might be in a bigger hurry should I start to experience some bad luck, too. haha

vrabelm

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and doing research on a Pearson Bros Bodie bottle that I recently inherited. After some searching, I came across this site and thought I'd join to get some of your expert opinions on an approximate value. The bottle appears to be in excellent condition i.e. no scratches, chips, cracks or any visible blemishes. I've seen sold prices in a range of ~$800 to ~$2600 online. Any thoughts or insights you can share about its value is much appreciated. Thanks, Mark
Hello everyone, thank you all for your assistance, feedback regarding my Pearson Bros Bodie bottle. I wanted to let you know that if anyone is interested in purchasing it that it will be available to bid on via the North American Glass auction site this Monday, March 14th, https://auction.gregspurgeon.com/Ev...tern-Soda-PEARSON-BROS-BODIE-California-SHARP

hemihampton

Reaction score
How'd you clean the Bottle, with soap & water or did you get it tumbled clean? Good Luck. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1