Very common bottle in a very uncommon color!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlediger

Reaction score
Kate, ill sell you every stove polish bottle I find for 10 bucks a piece. Pontiled, colored, smooth base, and the common. Ya just got to buy them all, 10 bucks a piece [;)]

Digger Ry

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Ry,
I'm a digger - I usually leave them in the dump. I'm thinking I should bring them all home. There is no way I would have left that green one in the dump, though![:D]

Kate

citydigger

Reaction score
Lobey, I am not even going to give you the pleasure of an argument. You thrive on starting trouble. You have been doing it in this forum for years. You are a master at eaking your way into a conversation just to start trouble. You enjoy provoking people. That is a huge indicator that you are insecure about yourself in some way. I won't ask![:D]

Gunther, I have absolutely NOTHING against you nor am I trying to put you down/question your knowledge. I just happen to disagree with some of the information you hand out on here is all. Just a difference of opinion. I personally believe that diggers who take the time to research what they find are able to learn a lot about bottles. I also believe that NO ONE knows exactly what a bottle is worth. As mentioned earlier, supply and demand dictates that. All of us in here DO NOT have all the answers regarding old bottles, we only know what we research, which is just someone elses opinion. The only way to get the facts is to go back in time 100-200 years. Or 50 years if your digging and collecting 1920s stuff like a lot of you in here. I call it an educated speculation.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

You can learn things from digging. You get a glimpse into the lifestyles of folks and how the lived. How they treated their ailments, the flatware they used to eat with, the bowls they ate their soup from. Just digging holes and pulling up treasures won't for instance tell you how that bottle was blown, or what time period it was made. It wont tell you about the medicine it contained or who manufactured it. Two areas in which Gunther excells as far as I'm concerned. No one I know knows more about the manufacture of these meds than Matt and this wasn't learned digging holes. My point no matter how crudely presented was You learn about bottles or anything for that matter from many sources, including the one where're typing on here. To assume Gunther never dug a hole or learned everything he knows from books is silly.

Citydigger - I believe it was you who maligned a respected member of this forum rather inappropriately. In order to research said digs, one must have the resources to do so. That is what Lobey is stating. To defend a person you do have respect for does not show a lack of security. My point previously is that in order to learn, I must dig something I wish to learn about. I am glad to have resources to do so. You clearly need resources as well or you would not have as much knowledge as you have. Your lack of respect for those that supply you a source for said research tells of your own character.
150 years ago, there was a saying - Opinions are like privies - Everybody has one.

Kate

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
One more point I'd like to make:

As far as pricing, without resources, demand for something that even has a limited supply would be much smaller. A larger "goto" market always has a larger demand, regardless of supply.

citydigger

Reaction score
Just the type of remarks I would expect in here. Talk to you guys later.[8|]

citydigger

Reaction score
Truthful? YES :) Only someone as insecure as yourself would react like that Lobey. Sucking up to the admin will only get you so far in here. People are not stupid. They know who the trouble makers are. In my eyes, you are a weak, insecure person who takes pleasure in instigating others. In my opinion, you are a cancer in this forum, but just to show you I am not like you I will wish you and all the other members a MERRY CHRISTMAS just the same. I, honestly could care less about you or your remarks. I just look at the source and it makes feel better immediately :)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac