Very common bottle in a very uncommon color!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

welddigger

Reaction score
I know you can't give these things away at a stove polish convention but I have nevr seen one in this color before. So I am going to consider it somewhat rare. It is a dark green at the bottom fading to a light apple green at the top. just wondering if any body has seen one in this color before or any other colors besides aqua and clear?? Also would everybody else consider it rare or is the bottle so common it could be made of gold and still be worthless???

13080385072C49429AFD9190420E8C59.jpg

Attachments

• 13080385072C49429AFD9190420E8C59.jpg
    13080385072C49429AFD9190420E8C59.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 89

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That's an interesting color. I'd guess its at least uncommon.
The biggest strike against it would be that it falls into the unappreciated catagory of 'household' bottles. For the most part people dont get excited about glues, polishes, and the sort unless they have a pontil mark. If it was a common patent medicine or bitters people would give it more respect. The good news is you could put together a nice collection of household bottles for not much money.

I will take all the gold Sawyers Extracts and Bromoseltzers anyone wants to get rid of.

beendiggin

Reaction score
I like the polish botles, they always seem to have a lot of embossing. Your bottle has got to be unusual because of the color, though. It's ABM isn't it? Did you dig it?

welddigger

Reaction score
Yes it is ABM and no I didn't dig it. It was in box of bottles I bought of some guy. There was some cool bed bug killer bottles with little tiny bugs on them. Some local tooled top pharamacy bottles, a triloids triangle poison, and a easy bright stove polish bottle that is kinda of an off color too. The stove bright is like a light cornflower blue but I can't get the color to show up in a pic so I didn't post it. By the way I don't collect any of these kinda of bottles but I needed filler for my table at shows and the price was right.

madman

Reaction score
very nice, ive dug alot of stove enamels up north, cool color

welddigger

Reaction score
Thanx madman, but name is not mike, and this was dug up north. actually it was dug in Bethlahem Pa. At least the guy that sold me the box, that it was in told me.

Tony14

Reaction score
hey welddigger, madman (mike) always puts his name at the end of his posts. cofused me the first time i saw it to.

Nice bottle love the odd colored ones.

citydigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

That's an interesting color. I'd guess its at least uncommon.
The biggest strike against it would be that it falls into the unappreciated catagory of 'household' bottles. For the most part people dont get excited about glues, polishes, and the sort unless they have a pontil mark. If it was a common patent medicine or bitters people would give it more respect. The good news is you could put together a nice collection of household bottles for not much money.

I will take all the gold Sawyers Extracts and Bromoseltzers anyone wants to get rid of.

You seem to have a lot of answers about everything? I like his bottle. I think it is a nice one. I personally have sold polish bottles like this for a decent sum of money. Do you dig Guntherhess? My guess is you are just a collector and bookwriter but I may be mistaken.

Needless to say, I disagree. I think there are plenty of people that love blacking/ink/polish bottles. I also think people like color. Is his bottle not colored? Anyways. I see a little more value in his bottle than you do I guess.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
You seem to have a lot of answers about everything? I like his bottle. I think it is a nice one. I personally have sold polish bottles like this for a decent sum of money. Do you dig Guntherhess? My guess is you are just a collector and bookwriter but I may be mistaken.

Needless to say, I disagree. I think there are plenty of people that love blacking/ink/polish bottles. I also think people like color. Is his bottle not colored? Anyways. I see a little more value in his bottle than you do I guess.

What I post is just an opinion like everyone else. I post to try to help other collectors and further the hobby. People often disagree with what I post, its an open forum and I respect everyones opinions as long as they are civil.

Yes, you are mistaken, I dug bottles and other items for at least 30 years.
I don't think the implication that a collector must be less knowledgeable than a digger is valid. Some of the most knowlegeable bottle people I know do not dig. Most diggers are collectors. If there werent collectors then there would just be people digging bottles and throwing them in bins wouldnt there?[:D]

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
That's a cool bottle - only ever saw stove enamel in clear so far. Plan on giving a few to my dad for Christmas - he can display them on top of the stove he has on display in the livingroom. I think they're neat - again, stuff you never think about until you start digging them. They don't teach this stuff in history classes. Guess what - 100 years ago people used to buy stuff to keep their stoves looking pretty! They may not be worth much (unless in an unusual color, like yours), but they make you think about things you never would have ever thought about on your own.

Kate

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu