Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

very old ??ATLAS???

emeyetee

May 20, 2019
Philadelphia
hey there everyone, this is my very first post, and forum in general for that matter. thank you for any help on this subject.
I have a bottle here with which I require help identifying. it was plucked from my locality of Philadelphia, burried 15' deep in a privy a year or so ago and I have yet to be able to figure out who made it. thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

emeyetee

May 20, 2019
Philadelphia
thank you. I concur it certainly does not resemble anything I've ever seen from atlas, but I think it depicts "atlas" the Greek titan..stumped*♂

Oldsdigger

Nov 14, 2017
Emeyetee,
Welcome to the forum also ! Nice find, I'm from the Philly area also but never had the guts to go down 15 feet into a privy ! You've definitely have bigger bullocks then me ! I just dug surface dumps. You might want to go onto Facebook bottle digging sites. There are several Privy diggers on there " US bottle Diggers and Collectors " Is a great site that several of us belong to. Hope this might help. As far as the bottle maybe from the logo Atlas Mineral water ?

Huntindog

Aug 14, 2012
Emeyetee
Welcome
At first I thought It might have been a VERY early Hazel Atlas trade mark, but the bottle is way to old for them.
There is a few bottles from the UK that have Atlas on them, but again I don't think this is a UK bottle.
Seems that I have seen this bottle before. Maybe at a bottle show somewhere.
But my addled mind can't remember where or when.
Sorry I'm no help with your pursuit for info, but maybe it will key someone's memory and you will get your answer.

But maybe you can help me....
I've been looking for a top for a blob soda that I want to repair.
Maybe you have one in the bucket of shards???
Here's a picture of the type I'm looking for.

Attachments

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Coleman