Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Very sad green tinted Coke bottle broke 1916 through 1924

Mar 19, 2021
Ouch, I hate to see older ones smashed up like that. But still better than nothing. Any idea on age? Can't see the date code too well.
Well after further review there is literally nothing on this thing on the bottom it says Danville VA and then on the front side it’s a Coca-Cola the trademark registered and US patent office then the other side says Coca-Cola trade mark registered contents 6 1/2 fluid ounces so I do not see any type of date

Tom smith

Feb 13, 2021
Louisville KY
The broken one is from the 50s but it always sucks to see them broke. One day you will get your first complete one. I believe the clear one has a date code on the bottom.

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
a lot of coca cola bottles broke that way , I'd find them in that condition when swimming often . might of had something to do with manual bottle opener or person using it too aggressively maybe ? or was dropped on the ground

but coca cola was so popular back then too , even if 1 in 100 of there bottles broke , they were selling cases and cases each day so could be a lot of broken ones out there

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ssimmw