Very unusual

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

preditor

Reaction score
I found this today at a yard sale never seen any thing like it
would like an opinion of age and value the guy i bought it from said his parents had it for 40 years there are no markings the bottom is sunk in, and has swirlls around it.

thanks Preditor

Sp45144.jpg

Attachments

• Sp45144.jpg
    Sp45144.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 99

IRISH

Reaction score
Looks like it's for smoking pot or something like that, Don't they smoke something out of things like that in the middle east ?

preditor

Reaction score
here is a pic of the bottom the man told me it was a wine decanter the bubble you can see inside the bottle with the stopper in it he said is where you put ice to keep the contents of the bottle cold
Preditor

Ge94420.jpg

Attachments

• Ge94420.jpg
    Ge94420.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 94

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Preditor - The man you bought it from was correct, this is a wine bottle/decanter. The bubble is indeed a place to place ice to chill the wine. In the early 70's, while in college, I worked part-time for a large liquor chain in Boston, and we sold these bottles with chianti wine in them. They sold for about $3.99 at the time! There was also some of the same type with a stem that was nearly 3' tall. If I only knew back then they would become collectible[8D] Some college students used these bottles to 'smoke', so Irish was partly correct.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky