Vibration or Rotary tumbler??????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Creek Squad

Reaction score
I just purchased the large vibration tumbler for harbor freight. I am freaking out because I thing I should have bought a rotary tumbler. Will a vibration tumbler work just as good as rotary tumbler? The reason I got it was because it has more space for lager bottles.

Wildcat Wrangling Kat

Reaction score
Let us know how you do. I bet you can get really good once you are more comfortable and confident with the machine. Either way I don't believe you made any mistake. Vibratory polishers don't change the shape of an object like a tumbler does.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

But they will bust up your stuff, no matter how padded you make it? I did have some luck but killed the first tumbler. So now I have this behemoth shaker thing u can hear from the street. I think it walks around my garage at night and takes bets on how long the bottle will make it for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
But they will bust up your stuff, no matter how padded you make it? I did have some luck but killed the first tumbler. So now I have this behemoth shaker thing u can hear from the street. I think it walks around my garage at night and takes bets on how long the bottle will make it for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I told Creeksquad to ask you since you own one. Sounds like you are having mixed results as described. I appreciate his confidence in me but i know when to refer someone with a question to somebody with more experience in this area.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
You're welcome.
PS- In case you do ever get a HF tumbler, I'd go with the double canister. That way a larger bottle can be inserted between both tumblers. Just seal them tightly with that other great American invention, duct tape.
That is smart. I got the double one and found a double sized drum for it. Problem is …. By the time u put on th 2 thick compression ends, you might as well use a single size because you just don’t have much room. They must take up about 2” each…. The stuff it came with is much thinner. I’ve been playing with different containers around here that would have more interior space. I’m about to cut the medal down for 1 of them, as it rubs on the sides. It would only be about an inch on each side but would take a bottle with a larger diameter. But still…. I need to come up with a real tumbler that would take my biggest whiskey. I would like to commission someone to build one that I have a design in mind for- motor would be in a cabinet below, and the top would be on my 1 and only bench that I finally was given! (My husband has the rest.). But it would be able to fold up, back to the wall, when not in use? Wish my dad was still alive…. He had that inventive blood and just mad skills with medal- he was an artist with medal. Me? I can’t help the ideas, but stick with paint and canvas for the art! I’m going to try your duct tape idea- do u think it would hold water…. A little bit? Guess I will find out!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Nah! I doubt it will hold any liquids--if you leave a the smallest gap in the duct tape holding the cannisters together that grit will leave like Elvis.

hemihampton

Reaction score
For any body using a Harbor Frieght Vibration or Rock tumbler I'd suggest just getting the real thing. Less Broken Bottles, Less Complications & Better Results. Once you get a real Tumbler you'll look back at the home made tubes & Duct Tape & other oddball tricks that never worked & say to yourself, What was I thinking back then. I know what you were thinking, But I'll save Money this way & a real Tumbler is expensive. Just my Opinion.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu