Vulcanized rubber coke crate

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Vegaracer

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a vulcanized rubber coke crate like this? I believe it was a limited edition prototype that was given to regional sales man to show their vendors. It was made by the Richardson company and was patented in 1959. I heard this is extremely rare and i cannot find another one anywhere on the internet. Does anyone know the value of this crate/carrier. I do know there were two different designs which this is one of.

Attachments

• IMG_2737.jpg
    IMG_2737.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2738.jpg
    IMG_2738.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2739.jpg
    IMG_2739.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 138

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Seeing that I haven't collected soda items in a very long time my opinion really has no merit, but my first impression is that it is a very plain lack luster novelty. Value to me... I personally would never have tried to acquire this, but I never even collected the wooden crates yet lots of folks like them. The appeal I believe will be to a very limited audience.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
That has to be the wildest bottle carrier ever designed. Never seen one in all my years of collecting. Cannot see the purpose of all the curves.
Coke collectors would probably like it. I have no idea of value.

Vegaracer

Reaction score
Seeing that I haven't collected soda items in a very long time my opinion really has no merit, but my first impression is that it is a very plain lack luster novelty. Value to me... I personally would never have tried to acquire this, but I never even collected the wooden crates yet lots of folks like them. The appeal I believe will be to a very limited audience.
That has to be the wildest bottle carrier ever designed. Never seen one in all my years of collecting. Cannot see the purpose of all the curves.
Coke collectors would probably like it. I have no idea of value.
UncleBruce it was given to me and i am sure a coke collector would love to have it in their collection as it may be the only one made. The curves keep each bottle away from each other. This was a prototype in the 50"s when the wooden crates were starting to rot and they were looking for a alternative to wood. It is heavy and i'm sure that is why they did not mass produce them.

embe

Reaction score
The pattern would support 24 bottles. Odd way of doing it, but I like the way it makes sense.

A mold, and the equipment needed, to make this... would have been pretty expensive, so unless the mold broke early (It does happen), there probably would be a lot more around.

Welcome to the site BTW.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado