Walking an old farm road and finding the bottles the easy way!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
I was exploring and on what was an old farm that dates to the 1840s and while walking along the old farm road I happened to notice bottles that had been pitched into the swampy land next to it. All were either just laying on the surface or sticking out most of the way! I also found two dumps both ranging from the 1920s-1940s give or take. There were bottles all over! Unfortunately there was also a pitchfork prong sticking out that was camouflaged in the leaves and I ended up stepping on it. It went through my shoe into my boot (really painful. So, I had to leave quickly and go to the ER (I'll live, lol). I wouldn't be a bottle hunter/ digger if I didn't get injured at least once, lol. At least I got some nice bottles!

Here they are:
IMG_20200923_190835_634.jpg

From left to right:
(My 2nd) Berry Spring Mineral Water Co. Pawtucket, R.I., My only BIM bottle i found so far at this spot, Burnett's Dry Gin bottle, Cobalt bottle, Obermyer and Libermann NYC beer, an emeral green art deco soda: Marathon Beverage Co. Norwich, Conn. (Can't believe it!), and an Olde Bridge Beverages art deco soda from East Haven, Conn.

Close ups of the art deco sodas:

IMG_20200923_190835_633.jpg

IMG_20200923_190835_628.jpg

I have to go back, especially since if these are just laying around who knows what else is! There has to be older stuff somewhere, and I didn't even explore all of the road! I'll just have to be more careful.

Thanks for reading,
PlaneDiggerCam

RCO

Reaction score
green art deco's are usually hard to find and very appealing to look at , almost certainty more stuff in that area based on what you described

embe

Reaction score
Yes^ I like that green one too. What kind of soap did you use or did they come out that clean?

NuGrape Kid

Reaction score
NICE FIND...Sorry about the injury.
If you look on newspapers.com you might find some old adverts or articles.
Also, you can look online and sometimes find old signs or labels that were on the bottles (NOT usually on the decos).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora