WANT TO DIG A GREAT SPOT?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

vtspring

Reaction score
HELP!! I NEED HELP DIGGING A SITE HERE IN VERMONT.THE FOUNDATION IS FROM A SITE BUILT FROM 1740-1760?THE ORIGINAL WELL IS STILL THERE FULL OF WATER! I TOP PICKED THERE 15YRS AGO AND FOUND 1 PONTILED BOTTLE.DUG THERE YESTERDAY FOR 8 HOURS AND FOUND PIECES OF EARLY CHINA AND POTTERY.THE HOUSE CAVED IN 50 YRS AGO AND THERE IS SOME MODERN STUFF ON TOP LAYER.I DUG A TEST PIT BEHIND THE FOUNDATION 3' WIDE 3' DEEP AND 8'LONG SHOWED GOOD SIGN BUT NO KEEPERS YET.APPEARS TO BE A VIRGIN SITE(NEVER DUG!)I HAVE NOT FOUND THE OUTHOUSE YET. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ANYONE IN MY AREA WANT TO DIG?YOU DIG MINE ,I DIG YOURS DEAL?

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Vt., I have the same situation here in Maine. I came across an old cellar hole that we're pretty confident is late 1700's. I and a buddy scoured the area with a metal detector and didn't find anything. No glass shards, zip, nadda. I suspect the site might be too old. We did find 3 wells, 2 open the other with a great capstone. I'm dying to find out if there's anything down there, but I'm not going to risk dying to find out.[:eek:] After the water table goes down, I'm going to drop a line to get some idea of the depths, maybe a ladder can be utilized. I don't hold out a lot of hope, because I don't think 'trash' would be tossed into a working well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown