WTB Wanted: Sand Bank N.Y. Blob Top Soda Bottles: namely, W.M. & B. CO. and MEGAN & MARCH

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TexasRancher

Reaction score
Here's my update and picture as promised. She brought me 25 ( 3-W.M & B. and 22-M&M) Sand Bank bottles from N.Y. to Houston, Texas and we meet half-way between Dallas and Houston to make the transaction. I've concluded these bottles were a "hoard of returnables" that were left near a delapidated home in Boylston N.Y. (where the bottles sunk into the ground) and never got returned for a penny per bottle which was a lot of money back in the 1890's. It was a home where only Sand Bank bottles found in the ground together, when they went to dig and build a new home on the lot.

I now have 31 Sand Bank Bottle: 9 W.M.& B's (rarer ones) and 25 Megan & March....I only know of 3 to maybe 5 more Sand Bank bottles outside my collection....I'm sure there's probably 10 more in existance (within people's homes) and maybe 20 more buried intact, yet to be found.

Due to the fact they were returnables for money...the W.M.& B.s made eariler, before the Sand Bank town fire, had more time to be found and coveted by kids seeking money...so most migrated back to Sand Bank where they were cashed-in and destroyed.

Attachments

• SDC19440.JPG
    SDC19440.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp