Warner’s Safe Kidney & Liver Cure/ Rochester, NY/ Hallettsville, Texas/ Antique bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Clayton J. Migl

Reaction score
Here is a Warner’s safe cure (c1885) that was found in Hallettsville, Texas. I just painted it.

8394a07a275a7ea680116091bac88070.jpg

Cola-Coca

Reaction score
Nicely done, What kind of paint is that?

Clayton J. Migl

Reaction score
The white paint really brings out the embossing. I'm sure that project took time and patience.
I have struggled to get decent images of similar bottles by adjusting the lighting with limited success.

View attachment 237681View attachment 237682

Harry, I have found painting bottles makes for optimal documentation and digital preservation. I paint almost all bottles before photographing Additionally, it helps with the displaying aspect tremendously. This particular bottle had almost unreadable embossing because it was so faint. It took me probably around 45 minutes. I can happily say that I only made a few mistakes which I had to redo.

Thanks,
Clayton J. Migl

willong

Reaction score

Testors® Enamel Paints worked well for me in the early 1970's.​

If the formulation has not substantially changed since then--personally, I don't know if that's the situation--I can recommend giving them a try with a small, round sable brush.

My own tastes have changed, and I prefer not to highlight the embossing with paint on my own bottles. I prefer the appearance of the four Warner's Safe bottles pictured in Harry Pristis' posting. However, one nice thing about glass is that it is relatively inert with most solvents, Hydrofluoric acid excepted! It is relatively easy to restore bottles to their original condition should one grow less enamored with the highlighted appearance over time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum