Warner's Safe Kidney & Liver Cure

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MrShotgun

Reaction score
I will be putting the following item up for auction on Ebay on friday December 16th. Bidding will start at $175.

"1885 Warner's - Safe - Kidney &Liver - Cure - (motif of safe) - Rochester, N.Y." 27 printed on the bottom.

Deep Yellow Amber, 9-1/4", Smooth base, tooled top, American 1885 - 1895 (Right hand motif of safe)

warnerssafebottle.jpg

pupman

Reaction score
Hi Mr. Shotgun,I see you are going to list that Warner's for $175 starting bid,if I may humbly give a little advice on cures;I collect cures and have over twenty years.I have over 50 variations of the Warners safe cures. I think you might approach the 175 if it were a left handed Warners safe but I think you will encounter problems with this price for a Rochester K & L cure.The double collar is older and will bring a small premium.If it were the oldest varient with slugplate and A&D H Con base you could expect more.This is meant to help and not as any sort of criticizm.I would think $30.00 would be more in keeping with the currant Warners prices for that particular example but who knows,maybe the color is outrageous and I just can't see it.At any rate I wish you the best of luck with your auction,who knows with crazy e-bay these days! Best Regards,Kev

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The left hinge ones have been averaging about $100. That's for blob top. I havent seen a ring/collar lip on a left hinge version so far.

MrShotgun

Reaction score
I based the price off what I found in a book. The book basically said that it was worth $150 - $200. However this book isn’t very specific about the different variants, and this may very well be what the author valued the left hand motif at. I will have to look into it a little more. As far as the color goes, I don’t know what would be considered outrageous, since I have nothing to compare it to. I am going to take some better pictures of it, since these ones came out a little blurry.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
MrShotgun,
Here is a link to a Warner's that sold on ebay that I think is comparable to yours . http://cgi.ebay.com/Warner-s-Safe-Kidney-Liver-Cure-Best-Example-L-K_W0QQitemZ6232042400QQcategoryZ895QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I agree about $30 would be a good estimate for yours unless there is something out of the ordinary about it. There are a LOT of different Warners Safe bottles out there. I have about 30 different listed in my book and I dont even expect that is half the variants out there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583