Water bubble inside bottle! Anyone ever seen this before?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Thetf2jack

Reaction score
I was looking at this bottle and I realized there was a water bubble in it! I have no idea how this could have happened as there is no crack touching the bubble, it has been completely sealed inside this glass for over 100 years image.jpgimage.jpg

greendirt330

Reaction score
That’s awesome , first I’ve ever seen it in a bottle ! It’s just like a water inclusion or enhydro that occurs in some quartz crystals, in nature when the crystals formed sometimes a new layer would grow over a channel or void on the surface , sometimes trapping water in them ! I guess the same concept with this as some moisture or condensation of sorts got caught in a bubble when it was blown ! AWESOME !!!!

Thetf2jack

Reaction score

nhpharm

Reaction score
I am fairly certain that you will find that is an air bubble with some path to surface (bruise or crack) that allowed water to get in.

embe

Reaction score
Would the temperature of the glass (or the mold itself) not have instantly vaporized any water?

Maybe it's another liquid with higher boiling point?

Still neat.

Thetf2jack

Reaction score
I am fairly certain that you will find that is an air bubble with some path to surface (bruise or crack) that allowed water to get in.
I looked very closely at the crack that’s close to it and I am %99 sure that it doesn’t touch the bubble, I have looked very closely at it through a light and I cannot see any way for the water to have gotten in

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Could it have gotten in through an opening in the inside of the bottle? I would also have thought that the water would have been vaporized before it was able to get inside the glass. Definitely an interesting find regardless!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp