Weird Liquor Bottle with Man on Keg of Beer! Could be Wheaton?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FreeBirdTim

Reaction score
Picked this bottle off the trash a few months back after someone's yard sale. They also had a few Wheaton bottles in the trash, so I'm thinking it may be a Wheaton, but there's no markings on it. It depicts a man on a keg of beer! Fairly large in size. I placed a maple syrup bottle next to it to give you an idea on the size. Any help as to who made it, as well as age and value would be appreciated.
wheaton 1.JPG
wheaton 2.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Could you post a picture of the base and the lip as well? I assume it's probably a reproduction but it looks like a BIM bottle at least, so higher quality than the typical Wheaton. Not sure what's going on with that frosting on the lip.

nhpharm

Reaction score
You see the clear ones with Bino Vermouth (Italian) labels on them (distributed by John Gross out of Baltimore), but I am not sure I've ever seen the colored ones with a label, so they may have just been decorative. Quite common regardless.

FreeBirdTim

Reaction score
Thank you, nhpharm! I never would have known it was a Bino vermouth bottle! Couldn't find mine on eBay or with a Google search, but it probably is common.

FreeBirdTim

Reaction score
CanadianBottles, I'll try to get a picture of the lip later tonight or tomorrow morning. It looks like a ground lip to me, similar to what you'd see with older mason jars with zinc lids. Probably not old, though. Maybe 1970's?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora