weird message on ebay from previously unknown account

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mike garrett

Reaction score
so much BS. they love doning this,they like all the pres. if you can get there e-mail, i would ,have something to say. to them!

RCO

Reaction score
You'd think that someone that wants you to trust them would post their name right off? Sounds a little suspicious to me too. You might want to look into reporting the whole thing.

it states there first name but not a full name , at least I don't think there ebay name is there name

I never heard anything back and I don't plan on trying to connect with them during covid . it doesn't sound like they have anything I'd be interested in and only want to buy items from me that aren't for sale to begin with

Bohdan

Reaction score
I got a weird message request on ebay the other day , looking for a second opinion if it may be a red flag or not ?

it seemed innocent enough , someone wrote saying they were interested in obtaining items related to my local areas history , such as books , postcards , maps etc . I have at times previously posted things for sale online and my ebay user name includes the name of my local area , so it may give off the impression I find a lot of stuff from here

but when I clicked on there user name it said they only had a feedback score of 1 , meaning they've never actually bought anything on ebay , they also claimed to be from the same area where I live but I've never heard of them before .

they also mentioned the possibility of an inperson meeting to trade or swap items which considering the major covid 19 outbreak at the moment seems like an unlikely scenario .

the whole thing seemed innocent enough but something about it did come across as off , and most of my local history items are part of my private collection and not for sale anyways unless I had duplicates which are few

Believe it or not there are people who have never bought anything on ebay !!! (I'm one of them). I also live in a small community (<600 persons) and I don't know all of them. Stay clear personally during Covid - but otherwise maybe just a touch paranoid?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora