Went MD'n, Found this...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dumpdiver

Reaction score
Hey, I'll save some of you some time since sang dosn't grow in the wild west of the mighty miss. That was one unpleasent encounter with those wasps My son got lucky and only got stung 38 times when we were about 1 1/2 miles from the road. I told him he's got to walk it off and slowly headed back out but i did keep listening to his breathing. He tuned out fine which I was gratfull for Being a strong and stocky young man I didn't want to carry his... out of the woods. Heads up out there this time of the year wasps,hornets and some bees go into ground nests to hibernate for the winter. Happy Digs...DD

epackage

Reaction score
You have to watch your ass when ginseng hunting in alot of places, so be careful.....

The harvest of wild ginseng is regulated in 19 states (Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin), and is restricted or prohibited in all other states where it occurs. Before setting out to harvest wild ginseng, you should learn the regulations in your state and contact your state natural resource or agriculture department for more details on how to legally and responsibly harvest ginseng. All of the 19 states have a designated harvest season, which is from September 1 to November 30, and require diggers to harvest plants with red berries and to plant the seeds in the vicinity of the harvested plants. Eighteen states require wild ginseng plants to have 3 prongs (3 leaves with 3-5 leaflets each) and plants must be at least 5-years of age. In Illinois, plants must be 10-years of age and have 4 prongs (4 leaves with 3-5 leaflets each). Also, some states require harvesters to have a state-issued harvest permit, as well as written permission by the land-owner to harvest wild ginseng. Most states prohibit harvest on state lands. The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) has compiled all the ginseng laws and regulations for the 19 states at its web site: http://www.ahpa.org/Default.aspx?tabid=154. A one-page brochure for each of the 19 states, titled “Good Stewardship Harvesting of Wild American Ginseng,†can be downloaded for free, which includes information on how to legally and responsibly dig wild ginseng and the relevant state laws and regulations.Some U.S. Forest Service National Forests issue harvest permits for wild ginseng while other National Forests prohibit the harvest of ginseng. Check with the National Forest in your area to know whether ginseng harvest is allowed. The harvest of wild ginseng on U.S. National Parks is strictly prohibited...

Plumbata

Reaction score
Wait a sec, your son stepped on a Yellow Jacket wasp nest when you were out digging this ginseng? What a small world, lol. Glad he is OK; some people are super allergic and would be done-for if that happened 1.5 miles deep in the woods. The pain/soreness from my stings is mostly gone but the itchyness is still maddening, so I've been downing Benadryl like candy.

pchan

Reaction score
I read on line this week over 40 people have been killed this summer from hornet attacks and over 1600 reported cases of attacks. Theys out for revenge.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky