West Virginia

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

waiting for codd

Reaction score
Hi everyone
with out trip to Morgantown just over a month away I have been searching for spots to go hunting or bottle shows during our time there. If anyone knows dumps around the area it would be great to have a dig with someone and as I can’t take too much stuff back with me (limited room in luggage) you could keep most of the bottles.
Also does anyone know if there’s any shows around West Virginia or nearby states as I’d like to go to a show. According to one of my friends shows over there are MASSIVE so I’d love to visit one

thanks
Archie

MountainMan304

Reaction score
Hey, I haven't been on here in awhile but I'm in West Virginia. I'm not too familiar with digging spots in Northern WV, but I'd gladly do some research and get something going if you wanted to. I mostly keep to Southern WV and have a lot of unscouted spots if you were to make that 2.5 hour drive.

You did just miss a very large bottle show between WV collectors which took place in Morgantown I believe late April (I missed it too). I'm not currently privy to any other WV bottle diggers, mostly metal dectectorists, but there seems there were a few in the "golden days." I haven't had an experience of a spot being already dug yet, so I'm sure there are a decent number of untouched prospects around.

bottle_digger_em

Reaction score
Hey, I haven't been on here in awhile but I'm in West Virginia. I'm not too familiar with digging spots in Northern WV, but I'd gladly do some research and get something going if you wanted to. I mostly keep to Southern WV and have a lot of unscouted spots if you were to make that 2.5 hour drive.

You did just miss a very large bottle show between WV collectors which took place in Morgantown I believe late April (I missed it too). I'm not currently privy to any other WV bottle diggers, mostly metal dectectorists, but there seems there were a few in the "golden days." I haven't had an experience of a spot being already dug yet, so I'm sure there are a decent number of untouched prospects around.
Hello, are you still looking for a bottle digging partner? I will be in WV in Martinsburg in a little under a month. I’m willing to drive to other spots around the state. I’m looking for a partner to dig with.

nhpharm

Reaction score
waiting for codd is back in Australia, I believe. I see him posting on the Australian bottle forum about digs there.

Lemon_grass

Reaction score
Hello, are you still looking for a bottle digging partner? I will be in WV in Martinsburg in a little under a month. I’m willing to drive to other spots around the state. I’m looking for a partner to dig with.
Hey! I live in Pittsburgh, which is close to the WV border. I travel around for marble digs, and was just in Sistersville last week. Would love to dig, it’s so hard around these parts! I’ll private message you.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown