What’s the best product ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Which one ?

• Wood bleach

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Bar Keepers Friend

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • The Works

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Get a plastic tall skinny pitcher. Fill the pitcher with 95% water (preferably distilled). Mix: Oxalic acid (such a BFK), alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, dish soap, salt (dissolved by heating over stove), vinegar, and Clorox. Please be conservative with the vinegar and Clorox as mixing the two in high quantities will create a dangerous vapor. This solution will remove: algae, dirt, and mineral deposits. The more acidic, the better.

That’s interesting! I’m going to write it down, and try it… but your taking me back, a few years, when one late night (yes, I keep the hours of a raccoon!) I was cleaning the bathroom…. And that fume thing happened. It wasn’t straight bleach and Ammonia…. I know about that. It was more hidden in the label of some cleaner…. But it was bad…, & freezing outside. So I’m waking my kids to get them away from that.., grabbing my cockatoo, so it didn’t kill her.., and we are sitting in my freezing car…. Trying to warm it up. It felt like hours, waiting for the mustard gas to dissipate! I bet my kids remember that night….. I am sure I did read that your not supposed to boil oxalic acid, but bringing it up in temperature makes it more effective? That is 1 interesting recipe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac