What’s your favorite beer bottle surface find?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tony Kendzior

Reaction score
This was a surface find some 50 years ago, in an area that had been phosphate mined in the late 1800s in north central Florida. This bottle, along with whiskey bottles, early Cokes, Chero Colas, medicine bottles of every description just lying around. There's no embossing on it so I'm not sure it is a beer, but I've always thought of it that way because of it's shape. It's a 3 part mold and the pontil area is 1 inch deep. It's heavy, about 9 inches tall and 2.5 inches in diameter. Guesses anyone?
142-beer-wine-pint.jpg
142 pontil area.jpg

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Not a beer, but a soda/mineral water, but I found this about 10 years ago back behind where an old house burnt down just laying on top of the ground . I could not believe it. I still haven't been able to identify where the bottler was in town, it is a rare local. I returned and dug about a half-dozen other bottles out of the ground among a lot of broken shards and bricks.

Attachments

• MCHutch.JPG
    MCHutch.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 212
Reaction score
This was a surface find some 50 years ago, in an area that had been phosphate mined in the late 1800s in north central Florida. This bottle, along with whiskey bottles, early Cokes, Chero Colas, medicine bottles of every description just lying around. There's no embossing on it so I'm not sure it is a beer, but I've always thought of it that way because of it's shape. It's a 3 part mold and the pontil area is 1 inch deep. It's heavy, about 9 inches tall and 2.5 inches in diameter. Guesses anyone?View attachment 203791View attachment 203792
Very early 1850s-1860s

hemihampton

Reaction score
If Construction site finds qualify here I Literally have a 100 of those. many that have read my post over the years know that. I did find this Hutch (and others elsewhere) under a small crawlspace under the rear of a house after house was torn down. This area was untouched by the demolition. LEON.
P1030577.JPG
P1030591.JPG

sandchip

Reaction score
Two notable "surface" beer finds in my career, the "Petersen" porter was exposed on sandbar after a flood 30 years ago (won a race with my brother to claim it), the "Mason & Burns" top was protruding from mud on bank of the Chickahominy River. Have found numerous crown top on surface and a few blobs/loops. Did also find alot of good surface stuff when I was kid on banks of Ohio River, good times...

That Petersen is nothing short of hellacious. Great looking bottle. I'd love to see more pictures of that baby.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18