What can you tell me about this bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

K6TIM

Reaction score
Thanks, I like this one for some reason. The frosting on this one looks like it may have been done at the factory because it is so consistant all over from top to bottom. I'm wondering though, why would there be writing, 'This bottle not to be sold' on the back?
The reason for the "bottle not to be sold or never sold" embossed on the bottle is that the bottle had to be returned to the place they bought it from.The.Company's wanted to keep down the manufacturing prices on the bottles.(no there wasn't any deposit money back bottle then.)

K6TIM

Reaction score
The reason for the "bottle not to be sold or never sold" embossed on the bottle is that the bottle had to be returned to the place they bought it from.The.Company's wanted to keep down the manufacturing prices on the bottles.(no there wasn't any deposit money back bottle then.)
I once found a coke cola bottle in the desert.The bottle entire surface was frosted.The com[pany wasn't known for frosted surface bottles.The desert sand did this because of the wind and the sand frosted the bottle.One thing to remember is that frosted bottles look "old" so many people would see this as a old bottle of coke non-drinkable because the bottle looked old!

olddude

Reaction score
I once found a coke cola bottle in the desert.The bottle entire surface was frosted.The com[pany wasn't known for frosted surface bottles.The desert sand did this because of the wind and the sand frosted the bottle.One thing to remember is that frosted bottles look "old" so many people would see this as a old bottle of coke non-drinkable because the bottle looked old!
Well it looks old to me frosted or not and it may not have been done at the factory that was just a guess from me. When I say old, anything over 100 years old is old to me. LOL

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky