What Happens to You’re Collection When You Die?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

am_digging

Reaction score
I'd love to keep my collection intact & together of course and given to a museum, but I'm going to make sure my final arrangements outlines what I'd like done with my hoard, regardless.

*Rare ones to collectors & venues where they can be shared/enjoyed (specified)
*Sell off privately (instructions of whom to contact)
*Auction off whatever remains thereafter

I think a museum dedicated to bottles, crockery, etc would be fascinating. They have museums for just about everything these days, so why not? This ever gets off the ground, I'd be in for donating items for collections.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I'd love to keep my collection intact & together of course and given to a museum, but I'm going to make sure my final arrangements outlines what I'd like done with my hoard, regardless.

*Rare ones to collectors & venues where they can be shared/enjoyed (specified)
*Sell off privately (instructions of whom to contact)
*Auction off whatever remains thereafter

I think a museum dedicated to bottles, crockery, etc would be fascinating. They have museums for just about everything these days, so why not? This ever gets off the ground, I'd be in for donating items for collections.
It is a fabulous idea. There has to be some out there. Actually I found one.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
My daughter has a hell of a payday.... At least she knows there is some real value there.

Jim G

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
That is exactly what I was getting at. The only way to keep an entire collection together is to basically build a museum for yourself. And even then, someone has to be willing to keep that museum going for infinity.
I agree completely with you and ad something else: information. The information will survive more than our bottles.

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score

photolith

Reaction score
Ive always wanted to visit the National Bottle Museum in Upstate, NY. But its damned near 8 hours away from me. I was in Rome, NY a few months ago but that was still about 2 hours away from Ballston Spa. I'll get there one of these days soon though.

am_digging

Reaction score

mrosman

Reaction score
Just wondering what people’s contingency plans are. Me and my girlfriend have no plans on having children and even if we did I doubt they’d care about the bottles. I’m only 30 and don’t plan on dying anytime soon but I often wonder what will happen with my collection. I have well over 50k of bottles which is loads of history. I’d love to have them donated to a museum or something.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp