What Happens to You’re Collection When You Die?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Both my kids have expressed an interest in inheriting much of my collection. I also have a very good buddy who has shared many of my finds with me, so I will definitely think of him when I ponder my "what goes to whom" decisions. The balance of what remains my children can sell or give away as they please.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I have 100's of mason jars and old bottles and on and on which will probably end up going to the dump or recycle as the majority of younger generation are having trouble moving out of mom & dads house let alone being interested in something other than twitter, facebook etc etc. But I enjoyed the heck out of the hunt and acquiring of them which in the end is all that matters.
I hope that someday younger people will learn to get back to what matters instead of all the online social media distraction junk. But I doubt it. To many, that is their only hobby.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Forgot this... a lot of members are talking about museums... I tried that, and it lasted about two weeks... no interest. I sent signed copies of my book, years back, to the heads of Orange Crush in Toronto, Canada and in Waco, Texas (at that time).... Orange Crush itself did not have a museum. In fact I knew more about the history than they did... they were only interested in selling drinks and making money. The signed books, with a letter were delivered personally by the secretary of the Chairman from Toronto. To this day, about, 7-9 years later, I have never received a reply and/or thank you. I tried two bottle museums and again no interest..... again good luck...
Do you think it would be easier or more difficult to donate a bottle collection that is diverse with a lot of variety, rather than one specific brand?

Jstorm

Reaction score
Forgot this... a lot of members are talking about museums... I tried that, and it lasted about two weeks... no interest. I sent signed copies of my book, years back, to the heads of Orange Crush in Toronto, Canada and in Waco, Texas (at that time).... Orange Crush itself did not have a museum. In fact I knew more about the history than they did... they were only interested in selling drinks and making money. The signed books, with a letter were delivered personally by the secretary of the Chairman from Toronto. To this day, about, 7-9 years later, I have never received a reply and/or thank you. I tried two bottle museums and again no interest..... again good luck...
That is Nasty!

yacorie

Reaction score
Clearly not everyone is going to love bottles. I expect my kids may each take a bottle or multiple bottles that they like and/or as a keepsake and the rest would be sold. Honestly - I’d rather the bottles get sold and the money used for something they enjoy or to help them out. I’d gladly sell every bottle I have to know my kids and grandkids benefited from it - just how my mind works.

anyone buying the bottles is going to be a collector so they will continue to be enjoyed by someone else.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora