What is a realistic price on this english black glass??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TJSJHART

Reaction score
WELL I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT ,,,TRY A SEARCH ON FLEA BAY ..OR ON GOGGLE OR BING JUST TO GET AN IDEA ON PRICE OR RARITY,,GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SELLIN IT ...CONGRADS ON THE ENGAGEMENT..TIM

nhpharm

Reaction score
That is a nice one...and early. Like Jeff said, I've seen these sell for $250 up to $600 or so depending on the size and condition. The "half size" ones go even better. Honestly for one in this nice of shape I think you should be able to get $400 at least.

ecotramper412

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your responses and well wishes. I still have a few months til I pop the question, but making moves now.

I've been watching english onions on ebay over the last 6 months or so trying to get an idea of value and as nhpharm indicates, they vary widely with shape and size. Hopefully this goes for top dollar!

The world of english black glass is definitely very appealing to me. Although its out of my price range now, the variations and scarcity of intact pieces are something that will hold my attention and I'll hopefully be able to get into in the future.

Thanks again!
[align=left] [/align]

ratbastard

Reaction score
first comes the engagement ring , then the wedding ring , and the SUFFERING

Old man digger

Reaction score
If I were you and I am not. I'd keep the bottle as it will always be there. The girl, maybe/maybe not....!!!

Old man digger

Reaction score
Since this post is 10 years old alot could of happened in 10 years. Wonder if he got married & divorced by now??????????

P.S. He hasn't even been in this Forum for past 5 years, doubt he'll ever see this?????????
I should have looked at the date. I am still getting the hang of this site/forum. My advice still stands, don't sell anything you enjoy to by a wedding ring. Get an additional job to pay for that ring.!!!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
$100 is not enough. I’ve done my homework on the black glass bottles after acquiring boxes of them and I think yours is nicer than the 1 I have, that’s similar. They go for more than that, now…. And they are not making those anymore. If you needed the cash, you could at least get a couple hundred- the buyers scored a sweet deal on a really nice bottle- and everyone’s happy! But…. If you have a spot to box it up and put it away, viola! You have an investment portfolio…. And speaking as a gal, which I always do- your bride is going to love that thinking! A smart guy thinking of the future, with investments tucked away? She will find u irresistible! Congratulations! And that’s an awesome bottle!
Here is what sold on eBay:

7cf8a22d429ce4e6b35aa2b982ee13a2.jpg

So if your going to sell it, you might as well make some honeymoon cash! And I think your bottle has truckloads more character than this $500 bottle. You would look back and kick yourself if you parted with that for $100.
She must be some kind of lady for you to even consider selling your beautiful British onion bottle! Right now I have so many really awesome bottles- but earlier this year before I started getting serious about doing the auctions for such bottles- if it were mine in January 2021? That would have been my prized possession!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
And I too, should look at the date. I’m still working on making sure I’m in the right forum! I hope he had notifications for this turned on- would love to know how it went and what he did with the bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch