What is everyone's favorite hutch bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BillHaddo

Reaction score
Hutchinson bottles are really iconic in my opinion, so I was wondering, what's everyone's favorite hutch they own or wish to own? Share some pictures!

I have been thinking about my local hutches a lot lately, and I know I have posted them individually but I don't think I ever got a photo of the full set. Here's the photo attached. Can't wait to see what you guys have to share of your own as well!View attachment 222555
Good idea, someone around here decided to immortalize a couple of familiar pests!
dc21eee3f85a8dcf19ef47f1a99e1226.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

K6TIM

Reaction score
This isn't a bottle that I own but I'm quite amazed that it exists. It's an ABM deco hutch from Puerto Rico. Hutchinsons and deco bottles aren't something that most collectors would ever think overlapped, and this is the only example I know of where they did.
View attachment 222556
View attachment 222578
Bottle on the right's my favorite hutch, a Patchogue Bottling Company bottle. Dug it myself. One on the left's a weirdo bottle from the same company. Not a hutch but people I've talked to about it have called it hutch like.
My favorite hutch is my cobalt blue J.LOMAX HUTCH! I dug it up in Indiana.The aqua blue onre you have is vary nice color.I have a sun color purple hutch like your its in great shape from turn on 20th. century.Two of your hutch's with oval embossing are slug plates put into the form.The one with the vertical embossed with the lettering carved into the form.
TIM/K6TIM

Joelbest

Bucks
Reaction score
Hutchinson bottles are really iconic in my opinion, so I was wondering, what's everyone's favorite hutch they own or wish to own? Share some pictures!

I have been thinking about my local hutches a lot lately, and I know I have posted them individually but I don't think I ever got a photo of the full set. Here's the photo attached. Can't wait to see what you guys have to share of your own as well!View attachment 222555
Here are my only 2
I’m not sure if the round bottom bottle is considered a hutch?

Attachments

• 24116624-F3DB-4C65-82E4-7A2895C72081.jpeg
    24116624-F3DB-4C65-82E4-7A2895C72081.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
  • 9E5B2DF3-A438-40A9-B46E-12DDA29BB0F3.jpeg
    9E5B2DF3-A438-40A9-B46E-12DDA29BB0F3.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 97

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are some nice bottles! The round bottom isn't a Hutch, although in my opinion it's better. There are a lot fewer round bottoms from Canada than Hutches, and that's one that I haven't seen before. I'm not sure that other Imperial is a Hutch either, it looks like one in most ways except the neck is about twice as long as they usually are. I'm thinking it might be a particularly late cork top bottle made using a mold designed for Hutchinson bottles.

Joelbest

Bucks
Reaction score
Those are some nice bottles! The round bottom isn't a Hutch, although in my opinion it's better. There are a lot fewer round bottoms from Canada than Hutches, and that's one that I haven't seen before. I'm not sure that other Imperial is a Hutch either, it looks like one in most ways except the neck is about twice as long as they usually are. I'm thinking it might be a particularly late cork top bottle made using a mold designed for Hutchinson bottles.
Thanks for the reply I am still learning about identifying I live in Hamilton Ontario so i prefer local. Luckily we have a rich history here and are home to the original dominion glass factory. Those two “hutches” that I posted came from South Dakota and the round bottom came from Quebec. I do dig along the shore where the old boat houses used to be very shallow and muddy so in the winter you can go out on the ice 20 feet or so. we use sticks to free them from the mud and a fishing net to scoop them out. Much better results with much much better condition.
8AA62E2B-EC25-4872-9874-07CF1FD3A674.png

relic rescuer

Reaction score
You already know lol...

My c.1871 Hayes Bros Chicago, Ill. Mug based blobtop hutch.

Has a strong Icy aqua color and a great pedigree, as two of my close friends (one in Louisiana, other in New York) have owned it before.

View attachment 222559

Edit: Here's the base of the bottle
View attachment 222560
I found a lot of shards that color yesterday, but nothing whole, unfortunately.

willong

Reaction score
These aren’t rare but some of my favorites as I dug them myself many years back when the Mississippi was unusually low. Plus I like the colors!

That's a nice selection. I like that you have one from "up river" among the bunch. I worked out of Fort Snelling for a couple years. One week per month, our crew traveled to various Army Reserve centers in WI and MN. I saw many intriguing locations on those trips, particularly along the banks of the Mississippi River, places I would have loved to explore for bottles; but financial, family and other concerns took presedence during that time.Thinking about the historical artifacts resting in the mud of our lakes and rivers sparks my imagination and makes my mouth water.

With the exception of a couple bottles that I obtained by trading others, and one that was my payment for an evaluation, all I have were dug personally. As for Hutchinson types, I have but but one lowly slick. I can hardly call that a favorite; so, I am still anticipating uncovering one that will qualify.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora