what is it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

embe

Reaction score
I was hoping somebody would have ID'd it by now so my brain could take a break, lol.

It reminds me of an old vegetable peeler handle, but the chain is throwing me off.

WesR

Reaction score
Possibly a part of an old rat trap. It looks a "rat trap" bike pedal which were presumably named for their resemblance to rat traps from the same era. Just a thought.
1579101750652.png

seadrift

Reaction score
It does appear to be some sort of snare or trap to me, although I have never seen one exactly like this one. It may be missing part of it.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
RobbyBobby, I posted your pic of that item on my metal detecting forum and after 123 looks nobody has identified it either, except the single response said maybe part of a trap. I'll chime in if someone ID's it.
Cool. I am stumped as to what it is. Trap is the most logical answer i have heard. Thanks for for all and any ideas.

Ice

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that's an Ochosi Arrow. It's used in the religion of Santeria. Considering it was in the woods it's no surprise; in that religion Ochosi is a hunter and knows the woods well. Sometimes when things are used in Santeria rituals they are left in specific locations afterwards.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I found a second one. Much more rusted than the first and it has
IMG_20200103_184254.jpg
a different dimensions.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that's an Ochosi Arrow. It's used in the religion of Santeria. Considering it was in the woods it's no surprise; in that religion Ochosi is a hunter and knows the woods well. Sometimes when things are used in Santeria rituals they are left in specific locations afterwards.
Who are you? Nobody knew. I found two OCHOSI BOW AND ARROW. They were for protection? Left for who? Obviously not me. Hope i don't get cursed or something. I can see the headLines Now. Boy looks for bottles and gets cursed by unearthing sacred objects. Talk about an unforseen job hazzard.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
What i found was a

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Seriously...Ice, i found A large metal cauldron in the woods. I had to dig it out from under a root a tree had grown over it and was being swallowed By the earth. Inside was horse shoes railroad spikes, all kinds of nails, metal toy Hand tools, a tiny anvil and sledge hammer ,Machette, Shovel, rake,pick, hoe and this ochosi bow +arrow. All rusted. Any ideas what i did or found. It has been ther for i guess over 70 years. All iron items. Very heavy pot to carry into the middle of the woods. Very weird.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac